*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1520912-Student-Bodies/cid/678253-Retreat-Into-the-Forest
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1520912
An accident leaves a high school student with the power to possess other people.
This choice: Continue (3)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Retreat Into the Forest

    by: Unknown
This entire experience has been surreal, simply too strange for you to comprehend. You've been taken from a world where you were safe in the knowledge everything was 'normal' to this; a reality where you exist as some jelly goo that lives by possessing other living things. You are, quite literally, something out of a cheap Science Fiction movie. Going home was not an option; not only would your friends and family never believe you, but you were scared of how they might react when they discover your new form. And of course, who knows what the military saw; for all you know they could be going to your house right now looking for you. Or combing the forest... 'Crap! Gotta move!' You thought.

The only problem was that you had no idea where to go. You had never really explored the forest much, and therefore you had really no idea what was around it. While your wolf host knew the entire forest, his perspective was much different than yours and thus didn't help much. But moving was better than nothing, so you quickly started trotting in an arbitrary direction that felt safe to your new wolf body. Hours passed, and even though you were experiencing a plethora of new sights, sounds, and smells you still saw no signs of civilization. But this existence was not so bad; maybe you could live out your days as a wolf? But that thought was quickly discarded when you realized the wolf's life was actually quite boring and hard. So, you needed a new... host (you still flinched at the word for its parasitic connotations). But there was nothing you saw... wait. Your acute hearing picked up something. Lights, and... people? People talking in the light... As you moved forward, your wolf instincts told you to flee, to stay away. But you overrode them and pressed on to find where you were.

As you peered from the edge of the woods, you saw what appeared to be a rest stop. It was mostly empty, but a few cars and trucks dotted the pumps. 'Perfect! Maybe I can...' you shiver a little as you think, 'possess one and be human again.' You stealthily managed to sneak down the weed-ridden hill, using the small amount of terrain to stay out of sight. But as you got closer, you could make out some of the license plates on the cars. Georgia, Texas, Colorado, and even Alaska were among some of the plates listed. You could run away from it all. By possessing one of these people you could run so far away that not even the military could ever track you. But would that be a good thing? Were you quite ready to just give up on everything you once knew?

You have the following choices:

1. Explore the Country

*Noteb*
2. Stay Close to Home

*Noteb*
3. Remain in the Wolf a Little Longer

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1520912-Student-Bodies/cid/678253-Retreat-Into-the-Forest