*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Breaking the Chains
  2. Rusty Chains
  3. Other Large Monsters
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695847-Breaking-the-Chains
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: It broke the chains a few weeks later while Felix was feeding it.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Breaking the Chains

    by: Bruce Lee Gifford Jr.
A few weeks went by and no more incidents went by while feeding the basilisk. This was mainly because Felix got in and out as fast as he could. He was still very much frightened of the basilisk. The basilisk, on the other hand, felt different about Felix. The basilisk had licked the air to get the scent of all the humans that entered the cell. Felix was the only human that came in and fed it and gave it water. Because the basilisk was still a child and it didn't understand the complexities of humans, it thought that because the human was feeding it and taking care of it, the basilisk thought that it would find comfort from the human. Over the weeks, it became less frightened of that particular human and decided to try and find comfort.

Felix finished setting the deer down and filling the water when he heard something snap. Felix looked up and saw that the basilisk's head was much closer than usual. Felix saw the rusted chains and realized it had broken free. Felix backed away, hoping the basilisk would eat the deer like it usually did, but the basilisk slithered past the deer and towards Felix with its tongue darting in and out.

Felix quickly ran to the door, but the basilisk slithered past him and blocked the door with its tail. Felix thought about calling for help, but the fact that he was scared out of his mind and the fact that if the door opened the guards would have to climb over the snake's tail made it hard for Felix to scream out for help. The basilisk's head edged closer to Felix and Felix fell flat on his butt. The snake's tongue began licking Felix and Felix thought it would be the end for him when the tongue wrapped around his waist and started lifting him up.

Felix closed his eyes, not wanting to see the gaping mouth, but when he felt his feet touch ground and the tongue let go of him, Felix opened his eyes. There wasn't a gaping mouth waiting for him, only the head of the basilisk looking in his direction. Felix didn't understand what was going on. All he could do was stand there wondering what the basilisk wanted with him.

Suddenly, the basilisk began rubbing its head against Felix's body. Felix didn't understand it, but the basilisk seemed like it was trying to show its affection or something. "But that's impossible," Felix thought, "It's a giant snake! But then again, what else could it be doing?"

The basilisk then began pushing Felix closer to the rest of its body. Felix suddenly became worried and thought that the basilisk was going to squeeze him to death, but that didn't seem likely, because it could swallow Felix whole. However, Felix was too scared to realize this fact and he began trying to push back, but the basilisk was much stronger and it pressed Felix firmly against its body till Felix stopped freaking out.

Once Felix was a little calmer, the basilisk stopped pressing Felix firmly and it just formed a small circle around him while nuzzling Felix affectionately. The basilisk did this for a while before it seemed to fall asleep. It had been awake for many days, because it never felt comfortable sleeping in the strange place with evil humans. But now that the basilisk had Felix, it felt comfortable enough to fall asleep.

However, Felix was still frightened of the snake and he hoped that the guards would do something about it. He remembered that there was only one guard at the moment and it was...

Choice 1: Jensen. Jensen realized that Felix was taking longer than usual, but he didn't care and didn't check on him. Felix ends up being in the cell all night!

Choice 2: Henry. Henry gets worried that Felix was still in there and checks it out. He helps Felix get out without waking the basilisk.

Choice3: Jensen, but Henry comes soon and checks in the cell with Jensen.

You have the following choices:

1. Jensen.

2. Henry.

*Noteb*
3. Jensen, but Henry comes shortly.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. (UN: bruce607 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695847-Breaking-the-Chains