*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Richard's Escape
  2. Richard
  3. The Starting Gates
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1602263-Dr-Tickles-Torture-Dungeon/cid/984516-Richards-Escape
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Dark · #1602263
Five young friends find themselves trapped in the carnival funhouse of a demented sadist.
This choice: Richard puddles the floor in humiliation, and passes out. He wakes to find himself untied, and the  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Richard's Escape

    by: Kuddles
Richard awakens to find himself untied, cleaned-up, and back in his spiffy little sailor-boy suit. And his cruel captors and their goats? All gone. However, the stout wooden stocks still stand, mocking the boy's ticklishness, and he shudders at his total humiliation at the hands of Dr. Tickles and his henchmen.

Outside the room the ten-year-old can hear a cacophony of screams and laughter. He also hears funny horns and bells bleating and ringing, along with crazy music, singing, and more. It all seems to come at random, from behind walls in different directions outside the medieval torture dungeon room he reawakens in.

"I've got to find a way out of here", worries the trembling boy as he gingerly tiptoes toward the door in his little sailor togs, obviously in seer terror of what he'll find.

Too short to see high enough out the barred window on the cell door, he reaches out his shaking hand and -- it's open! Apparently, the men left in a hurry, and the usually self-locking door didn't quite come to a complete close when they left.

Astonished at his good fortune, Richard opens the door and peers down the hall in both directions. The narrow, dark hallway leads in either direction from the room, and the sounds of the funhouse seem louder now. Especially in the direction with a single lightbulb dangling overhead. As scared as he is by the chaotic noises issuing from somewhere down that end of the hallway, he is even more frightened of the darker, quieter end of the hall.

"If those noises are from the funhouse front to this evil madman's torture dungeon, maybe I can slip in with the crowd and escape!", thinks the traumatized child. As if to further add to his fear of the other, quieter and darker end of the hallway, Richard thinks he can make out the cackling mad voice of Dr. Tickles himself from that direction. Whether it IS the mad doctor, and whether he is talking to his evil henchmen or simply doing his shtick for the crowds walking or riding through some part of his peculiar carnival rides, the boy can't be sure.





You have the following choices:

1. Toward the lighter, louder end

2. Towards the darker, sinister end

*Noteb*
3. Stay put so as not to anger his captors

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kuddles (UN: kuddles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kuddles has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1602263-Dr-Tickles-Torture-Dungeon/cid/984516-Richards-Escape