*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Episode 1: A Fresh Start! 1/2
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1642947-A-Poke-Life/cid/831179-Episode-1-A-Fresh-Start-12
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by M.E
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1642947
A novice will come out on top on everyone in this brand new journey..
Chapter #1

Episode 1: A Fresh Start! 1/2

    by: M.E
"My name is Shank Forroy. I live in New Bark Town of the Johto region. It's been a life-long dream of mine to become one of the greatest pokemon masters even known. To follow my dream, I'm attending a little school called 'Pokebrains Academy'. There, they teach kids how to become the best trainer, breeders, or nurses. So many kids were enrolled, that a new school was created in Route 29. Located there, was our school's rival, 'Brawlfist academy'. It was filled with a bunch of snobby kids who focus of the strenghts of pokemon. I wasn't worried about them. I was mostly focused if I was going to claim my first pokemon choice. I was finally going to graduate and become a trainer! I just hope nothing goes wrong..."

I was laying on my bed, waiting for my snorlax-decorated clock to ring. I couldn't believe I was just one week away from graduating and off to my journey. I wondered if I was going to get the pokemon I choose. I began to imagine myself in a battle stadium, facing off against a mysterious figure. I pulled out my pokeball, ready to release it. "Cyndaquil! I choose you!" I threw the pokeball, as a bright light flashed, and out came a simple free-minded cyndaquil. "Cyndaquil!" My opponent released their pokemon, and out came a ferocious steelix. The steelix was coming quick for a bind attack, but I commanded cyndaquil to dodge it and use flamethrower. This caused a great mass of damage against steelix. Then, steelix burrowed into the ground. I looked at the confused and startled expression on cyndaquil's face. "Keep a sharp eye, Cyndaquil!" Without a hint, steelix popped out of the ground, blasting cyndaquil into the air. Steelix quickly used its slam attack and brought cyndaquil to the ground. Steelix tried bind again, and it hit successfully. "Cyndaquil, flamethrower!" It didn't help as the fire-type was to scared to move. Just as steelix was coming close for crunch, a loud yell filled the stadium...

"Shank! Get up! It's the final week of school, and you don't want to miss any day!" I awoke from my fantasy, thinking that I might not have what it takes to become a trainer. I got out of bed, and tried to search some decent clothes to wear. My results were some black jeans, a white T-shirt, and a wristband. It wasn't my choice of fashion, but it was the only thing that was left clean. I headed down the stairs to find heaping plates of food set on the dining table. "Good morning, honey." "Hey, mom." I took a seat. "Are you excited on your last week of Pokebrains Academy?" "Of course! I'm going to get my first pokemon," I took a sip of orange juice, "I get to participate in the annual battle tornuament after the ceremony," I took a bite out of a blueberry muffin, "And then I get to start off on my pokemon journey!" I was so excited, I couldn't sit still in my seat. "Well you better hurry, because it seems like some of your classmates are going to school early." I looked out the window to see a bunch of kids heading over to the school. "Oh, Yeah! How could I've forgotten?!" I totally forgot that I was suppose to get there early to claim the pokemon we picked. "Sorry, mom, but I got to get going. See you later!" I grabbed my pack, headed out the door, and stood at the end of the line.

The line was progressing very quickly, as I saw each kid handed a pokeball and went into the school. It was also a sight to see Professor Elm as the guest of honor, as he congratulated the students the best of lucks. I saw my best friend, Trever, walk up to me. "Hey, Shank." "Hey, Trever." I noticed the pokeball in his hand. "Did you the pokemon you wanted?" "I sure did! Check it out." He tossed his pokeball, and a cute, furry mareep popped out. "Your mareep looks so cool." I started at Trever's mareep, who was chewing on the nearby grass, then cuddling up to Trever. "Mareep!" "It's okay, girl. So do you think your going to get your cyndaquil?" "I sure hope so." Trever then called back his mareep into her pokeball. "Well, I better get to class. See you at lunch." He then walked into the building. I didn't even realize I was three kids away from getting my pokemon. I just hoped I was going to get a cyndaquil. I started to think of all the fun adventures we might have. "Next!" I was next up to meet Professor Elm. "Why, hello! Fellow trainer." "Hello, Professor Elm." "And what would your name be?" "My name's Shank Forroy." Professor Elm then started to ruffle through his stacks of paper, until he pilled out a blue slip, one that resembled what pokemon I wanted. "It seems you wanted a cyndaquil, am I correct?" "Yes, Sir." "Then let me just check in the back." He entered the shed behind him, and left me alone waiting. I was starting to worry if they he ran out of cyndaquils. Professor Elm returned with a pokeball in his hand. "Is that it?" With a worried look on his face, Professor Elm nodded. "What's wrong?" "Well it's just that this is the last of the cyndaquils." "Ok. So I'm lucky?" "Probably not. You see, there's a slight problem with this one." "Well, what's the problem?" "It just that-" Then a loud honk rang. We turned our heads to the vehicle. The driver pulled his head out of the window. "Professor Elm! We got a problem at the lab! You must come quickly!" I turned back to the professor who turned back to me. "Sorry, Shank, but I got to figure out what's wrong." "But wait. What about cyndaquil?" "You'll find out eventually, but right now I got to go." Professor Elm jumped into the van, and drove off. Now there was only one question in mind: "What was wrong with Cyndaquil?"

I couldn't concentrate on my studies. I was still wondering what could be wrong with the cyndaquil I recieved. "Maybe it has an attitude problem. Maybe it can't use any fire-type moves. Maybe-" "Mr. Forroy!" I looked up to see the annoyed teacher. "Yes, miss?" "Please pay attention! It's not graduation yet." "Yes, miss." She turned back to the board, and I saw the rest of the class snickering at me. "Nice going, shy guy." My self-esteem just dropped. When the bell rang, I raced out of that room like a furret. I quickly entered the cafeteria, and found Trever sitting in the usual spot. "Hey, Trever." "Hey, Shank. Did you get your cyndaquil?" I turned to the pokeball. "Yeah.." "What's the matter?" "It's just... Professor Elm told me that there's something wrong with this Cyndaquil." "Well, what's wrong with it?" "That's what I want to know." Then we saw the Dean prepare for an announcement. "Ok, students. Time for our graduates to show off their new pokemon. And not only them, but I gladly invited the graduates from Brawlfist too." Everyone groaned at the hearing of everyone's rivals. We all looked over to the side to see those uniform freaks come in. "The Bests have arrived!" That guy was Chetz, the popular kid at Brawlfist. He came up to me and Trever's table. "What's up, geekguy and shyboy?" "What do you want, Chetz?" "Only to show off the pokemon of the best." "Well, what is it?" "Sorry, geek. Your just going to wait like everyone else." Chetz then turned his attention to me. "What's the matter, Shyboy? Meowth got your tounge?" Him and his posse started laughing at me. Then the Dean got up on stage. "Ok. Now it's time for the graduates to get up here and show their pokemon. Let's begin!"

I stood in line once again, watching each graduate show off their starter pokemon. I saw hoppips, woopers, and much more. I saw Trever, who appeared to be next. He stood in the center of the stage, and tossed his pokeball into the air. The circular capsule opened, only to reveal the mareep I saw earlier. The mareep was cuddling against Trever, which caught the audience attention. An applause was created, and both mareep and Trever bowed and left the stage. A few more student were on stage, then it was Chetz's turn. "Ladies and Gentlemen! I present you... my pokemon!" He tossed his pokeball into the air, and from my bright light appeared a dark-coated houndour. It howled a mighty roar, and it still made the crowd cheer. They took a bow and left the stage. It was only a few more people till my turn. I just crossed my fingers, hoping my cyndaquil isn't so horrible. It was now my turn. I tried to turn back, but the kids in back of me pushed me on stage. "Uh, hi." It was going well, until some kid said, "Are you going to show us your pokemon or not?" "Oh, yeah." I grabbed the ball out of my pocket. "Here goes nothing." I tossed it into the air, and the light flashed, and what appearednext to me was a small, sleepy cyndaquil. It only took a tiny yawn to get the crowd's good side. It looked like I was worried for nothing. I took my words back when cyndaquil looked up at the crowd. As it took a peek, it stood frozen and motionless. "What wrong with it," is what the crowd kept saying. Then Chetz had to talk. "Looks like the tiny mouse has stage fright, which means it might be shy also! Ha! Like trainer, like pokemon!" The crowd started to point and laugh at me and Cyndaquil. As I was just in shock, Cyndaquil acted fast, and crawled up my shirt. It's flaming back was heating my skin. "Ahh!" I was running around the stage like an idiot! Instead of a bow with an applause, I was laughed off the stage. I ran back to my table, burying my face in shame, and Cyndaquil was still hiding in my shirt.The laughter finally died after the last graduate. I looked at Trever, who felt sorry for me. "Looks like my pokemon has the same problem as me. That's what I was afraid of." Then Chetz appeared at the table. "Nice choice, Shyboy! That little squeak will never win the tournament. Looks like you'll always be a loser." Chetz's houndour growled at Cyndaquil, which caused him to be more startled. "See you friday, chumps! Ha!" Him, his posse, and the rest of the Brawlfist students left.

Me and Trever were walking home along with their pokemon. I saw Cyndaquil and Mareep chasing each other. "It looks like they became friends real quick, Trever." "They sure have." I was still thinking of what Chetz said. Maybe I don't have what it takes..."Are you still thinking of what Chetz said?" "Uh..." "Well he's wrong, dude. I know you have the talents to win the tournament." "You really think so?" "Of course." We stopped at Trever's house. "Well, see you tomorrow. Come on, Mareep. I want to show you to the family." Then he entered his home, and I started to walk to mine. I carried Cyndaquil home, who kept smiling at me. When I got home, my mom played the trombone, which scared Cyndaquil and hid inside my shirt again. "Hey, honey! How was your first day? Did you get your pokemon?" So many questions rushed through me. "Mom, relax. And yes I got my pokemon." "Let me see him! I can't wait." I pulled Cyndaquil out of my shirt, and showed him to my mom. "He's...so adorable!!" She grabbed Cyndaquil and squeezed him to death! Cyndaquil quickly struggled out of my mom and ran back under my shirt. "What wrong with it?" "That's the thing. It has a little shy problem." "Oh. I get it." My mom tried to sweet-talk Cyndaquil, hoping it would work. "Here, Cyndaquil. I won't bite. I'm a friend." Seconds later, Cyndaquil popped out of my shirt and scurried over to mom. He then snuggled against her. "See? I'm not scary." "Cyndaquil!" Later, I was in my room, doing my final homework. I looked at my bean bag chair, where Cyndaquil was soundly sleeping. I was starting to think what Chetz said. "I going to prove him wrong." I looked at Cyndaquil. "Don't worry Cyndaquil. I'll make sure we'll beat Chetz and win the tournament." Another thought ran into mind. "I'll also promise to take care of you. No matter what!" I turned off the lamp, crawled into bed, and fell asleep.

During the next three days, I've been training Cyndaquil for future battles. I even got Trever and Mareep to help us out. But no matter how much battling we do, I can't seem to get Cyndaquil out of his social problem whenever we went out in public. As we were doing our daily training, Chetz passed by with his houndour. "Hey, Shyboy, you still training? Why don't you just quit?" "Because me and Cyndaquil are working hard to beat you and win the tournament. Right, Cyndaquil?" Cyndaquil was chewing on an oran berry. "Cyndaquil!" Chetz bursted out laughing. "You really think you have a chance against my Houndour? You must be dreaming, dork!" "Oh, yeah? How about we battle right now?" "Sorry, dork, but we got some intense training to do. Come, Houndour." Houndour growled at the both of us and left with Chetz. "Grr! Come on, Cyndaquil! Let's keep training!" We trained hard till it was finally nighttime. "The tournament's tomorrow! We just gotta win! Cyndaquil, use ember!" But what I saw was not an ember. "Woah!" I quickly grabbed Cyndaquil and hugged him. "I didn't know you could learn that move yet! Now I'm sure we could win!" Me and Cyndaquil went back into the house, anticipated for the next day...


You have the following choice:

1. Next Part


Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 M.E (UN: mercutio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
M.E has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1642947-A-Poke-Life/cid/831179-Episode-1-A-Fresh-Start-12