*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Fresh Start 2/2
  2. Episode 1: A Fresh Start! 1/2
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1642947-A-Poke-Life/cid/831420-A-Fresh-Start-22
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by M.E
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1642947
A novice will come out on top on everyone in this brand new journey..
This choice: Next Part  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Fresh Start 2/2

    by: M.E
Today was finally the day! It was the final day of school for me, plus the ceremony and the tournament. I looked down at Cyndaquil, who was happily sleeping on the bean bag. I was still thinking of that expert move he did the night before. Then Cyndaquil woke up drowsy from a hard's day work. "Today's the day, Cyndaquil! Are you feeling it?" "Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil!" It looked as if Cyndaquil was ready for some battling. I quickly got changed into the same outfit I wore monday, because it seemed to suit me. As we were about to head out the door, my mom caught us. "And where do you think you two are going?" We both turned to look at my mom, tapping her foot constantly. "We were just going to school early for some last-minute training." She gave herself some time to think. "Uh... okay. I'll be at your school later for the ceremony." "Ok, mom. See you later." "Bye, sweeite. Have fun." Me and Cyndaquil was outside, smelling the fresh dew of grass, and walked out to Trever's house, who was also out of the house. "Yo, Trever!" He turned his head toward my direction. "Hey, Shank. Ready for today?" "Yeah. Sure. Listen. I got to tell you something." "Sure. What is it?" I came close to Trever's ear, and told him what I saw last night. His expression grew surprised. "Your kidding!" "No, I'm not! It actually happened." We both looked at Cyndaquil, who was playing with mareep. "Well I'm not sure it going to happen very soon again." "Why do you say that?" "Becuase he's too young to learn that move yet. That was a one-in-a-million shot move. It'll be rare for it to happen again." "Your probably right. Man, it would have been so helpful for the tournament today." "It would have. But I bet you would do great." "Thanks. Now lets get to school and register." "Ok." We were now heading for school, along with our pokemon.

The school was packed with both Pokebrains and Brawlfist students.It took us a while to find the sign-in desk. "Hello. We're here to register." "Ok. Just fill out these and bring them back when finished." The administraitor handed us two clipboards, filled with paperwork. We picked a table and filled it out. There was something that caught my eye. "Hey Trever, listen to what this says. 'WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OF PAIN CAUSED WHILE BATTLING.'" "Sounds dangerous. We better be careful." As we were finishing up the paperwork, Chetz came up to us. "What's up, losers?" "We're busy." "Whatever. Just wanted to say that it'll be best to just drop out of the tournament. There no way you guys can beat me." "You'll see. Your going to lose." "We'll see. Smell ya later, wimps!" Then him and his posse left in the crowd. "I can't wait to cream him." "Just keep your cool, Shank. You still got time." "Your right. Let's turn in these paperworks." We brought out paperwork back to the desk. The dean grab a microphone and started to speak. "Okay everyone! Time to start the ceremony! Graduates form a line to the stage, and parents can sit where ever they please." We all quickly got into a single line, and I was neither far nor close. Every student felt so estatic that they were graduating. When I got on stage, I grabbed my diploma, shook the Dean's hand, and hugged the hottest secretary in the school. I could have sworn she placed her number in my pocket and winked at me when I walked away, but I would deal with that later. Right now I was focused on the tournament. After we all took pictures, the Dean began to speak. "Okay everyone. Now that the ceremony's over, let the tournament begin!"

I quickly changed out of my gown and put on the clothes I normally brought here. We were all called out whenever it was our turn to battle. I was up first, against a fellow friend of mine. His name was Asthon, and he look like he was going to throw a tantrum. "I'm going to squash you like a bug!" "Asthon, why are you yelling?" "Oh, sorry, Shank. I just want to get my trashtalk right. What is good?" "Good enough to get me frightened." "Cool. Good luck." "You too." "Trainers Ready? Go!" Asthon made the first move. "Shuckle! I summon you!" He threw the pokeball, and his shuckle appeared for battle. "Ok, Cyndaquil. Let's go!" I released my pokemon to get the match started. "Ok, Shuckle. Use constrict!" Shuckle came close to Cyndaquil's personal space. "Ok Cyndaquil. Jump over shuckle and use tackle!" Cyndaquil did as he was commanded as he flipped over shuckle and was heading for it with tackle. Shuckle quickly reacted and popped through another one of its holes. Cyndaquil's move failed, and constrict hit perfectly. Shuckle tossed him over to a corner, leaving him bruised. "Ok, Shuckle! Finish him off with constrict!" I was starting to panick. "Don't give up, Cyndaquil! Use smokescreen!" The whole area went dark, as shuckle couldn't see where Cyndaquil has gone. "Where he go?" "Cyndaquil, use ember!" Then my blazing mouse appeared behind shuckle and spouted flames from its mouth and hit Shuckle. "No!" "Now finish with tackle!" Cyndaquil charged until it made an instant hit on shuckle, and left him out cold. "Shuckle is unable to battle. The winner is Shank and Cyndaquil." The crowd went wild as I won the first match. It didn't look so well as Cyndaquil was tired out. "Take a good rest, buddy." I sent Cyndaquil back into his pokeball, and enjoyed the rest of the tournament.

The tournament got real intense, as Trever barely made it to the second round, and it was no surprise that Chetz passed. Match after match passed, and only four contestants were left. I was up against Trever, and the tension was rising. We stood on the opposite ends of the fields, bowing before the match starts. "Don't hold back, Shank. It wouldn't be fair." "I'll give it my all, dude!" "Trainers Ready? GO!" I brought out my Cyndaquil, who look healthy and ready to battle. Trever brought out his Mareep, and we were ready to brawl. Trever made the first move "Mareep, use tackle!" Mareep was charging, but not quick enough. "Cyndaquil, dodge and use tackle as well." When Mareep got close enough, Cyndaquil dodged and tackled Mareep. It was a good start. "Okay. Time to turn up the heat. Mareep, use thunder wave!" A wave of electricity struck Cyndaquil and paralyzed him. "Ok. Mareep use tackle!" Mareep was charging once again. "Cyndaquil, dodge it!" He was about to move, but static ran through his fur. "Oh, no!" Mareep tackle him badly. "Ok, Mareep, do it once more!" Mareep was charging again. "Cyndaquil, use smokescreen!" The field darkened again. "Cyndaquil, use ember!" "Mareep, dodge!" Mareep dodged the flames, and then the smoke faded. "Mareep, use thundershock!" The attack was quick, and Cyndaquil was hit. "How can get Mareep to stop attacking?" I gave it some thought. "Now I know!" "Mareep, tackle!" Cyndaquil, smokescreen!" Cydaquil was still paralyzed, and was hit by tackle. "I don't think he can take another hit! I hope this works. Cyndaquil, smokescreen!" The smoke reappeared again, and everything was set for my plan. "Ok, Cyndaquil, tackle Mareep into the air!" Cyndaquil wasn't effected by any shock in his body, and blasted Mareep into the air. "What are you planning, Shank?" "Cyndaquil, use ember under Mareep's body!" Then Cyndaquil blasted tiny spurts of flames directly towards Mareep. It was a direct hit. Mareep came down with a thud, out cold. "Mareep is unable to battle. The winner is Shank and Cyndaquil!" The crowed cheered once again. I walked up the battlefield, meeting up with Trever. "That was a great match, dude." "Good luck in the final's, Shank." Then we walk out into the lockers.

I was now up against Chetz, who looked pretty determined. It was the final match of the tournament. It was all or nothing. I walked up to the field, seeing Chetz already there. "Ready to lose, wimp?" "Nope. But you are." "Your going to eat those words!" "Trainers Ready? Go!" Chetz quickly released his houndour. It looked as mighty as ever. I let Cyndaquil out to get the match started. "Houndour, use Howl!" Houndour was starting to yell a deafening tone. "Cyndaquil, use tackle!" Cyndaquil was rushing over to houndour with anger. "Houndour, dodge and then use ember!" Houndour quickly moved and burned Cyndaquil. "Oh, no!" "You haven't seen nothing yet! Houndour, use bite!" "What?!" With Cyndaquil burned, Houndour bit him very hard. "Houndour learned bite that quick?" "Let's just say we had some perfect training. Can you handle the heat?" He was sorta right. This was going to be hard to beat. "Cyndaquil, use smokescreen!" The smoke filled the field. "It's not going to work with me! Houndour, use roar!" The roar not only blew away the smoke, but it startled Cyndaquil. "Houndour, use bite again!" Houndour ran up to Cyndaquil and bit him once more. Cyndaquil yelled in pain. "Cyndaquil!" "This isn't good! Oh, if only he could know that move." "This tournament's all in the bag. Houndour, use bite with all your might!" I only had one choice and to use that one move. It was a risk, btu it was the only way. "Cyndaquil, use smokescreen!" The smoke raised. "That's not going to save you now, wimp! It's over!" I couldn't hold it much longer! "Cyndaquil, use fire blast!" Just as all hope seemed lost, a miracle appeared. As Houndour came close, Cyndaquil blasted a star-shaped blaze out on houndour. "It's not possible!" The crowd was shocked, to believe such a small pokemon could learn such a move. It blated Houndour across the field, out cold. "Houndour is unable to battle. The winner of the tournament is Shank and Cyndaquil!" Everyone jumped out of their seats and screamed my name, along with Cyndaquil. I wanted to congraduate Chetz, but he left the field without a word. Now I was ready to start my journey. I had what it took to be a pokemon master!

I walked home with Trever, as we both stared at the trophy I won. "I can't believe I beat Chetz! That'll teach him to mess with me again." "Ok, calm down, champ." We made it to my house, seeing a van parked out front. "That looks like Professor Elm's van." "I wonder what's he doing here." "I don't know. Let's check and see." We walked in, seeing my mom and Professor Elm sitting on the couch. "Shank! I heard you won! Congradulations!" "Thanks, mom!" I turned my attention to Professor Elm, who was enjoying a slice of cake. "Why, hello again, Shank." "Hey, Professor Elm. What are you doing here?" "Well I just here to give you this." He pulled out six pokeballs and a pokedex. "Your going to need these for your journey." "Thanks, Professor!" "Let me just tell you this isn't going to be a walk in the park. your going to face many challenges along the way, and your probably going to face them alone." "No he's not. Becuase I'm going to go with him." Trever stepped in the conversation. "Well two trainers are more better than one. But you guys do know survival skills, right?" "Of course." To tell the truth, I couldn't tell the difference between poison ivy and a regular leaf. "Here, honey. I already got your stuff packed." "Thanks, mom. Your the best." "Just be careful out there. I wouldn't want you to get hurt." "Don't worry. I won't." "Also, Shank. To start off, you might want to entered your first gym in violet city." "Sure thing. I'll see you later." Me, Trever, and our pokemon walked down the trail to route 29, heading towards violet city to win my first gym badge. It was the beginning of my pokemon journey, feeling new foes, new allies, and many challenges are planned for me.

You have the following choice:

1. Episode 2


<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 M.E (UN: mercutio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
M.E has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1642947-A-Poke-Life/cid/831420-A-Fresh-Start-22