*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The story begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1738662-The-Growth-Formula/cid/1029623-The-story-begins
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1738662
A professional thief steals a female growth formula from a lab
Chapter #1

The story begins...

    by: Traveler7001
Creeping down a darkened hallway, the hired thief kept a watchful eye for any security cameras. It was 2am at Parker-Gibson Drug Company.
Having memorized the layout of the building, he walked briskly and carefully. Most of the security devices had been deactivated earlier by a virus he had uploaded into the main security system, and according to his information the only security guard was at the opposite end of the building. He had about 10 minutes to break into the specific room, overcome the combination lock in a safe, and find a large canister of Formula X200-A.

This particular job had begun two weeks ago when a disguised voice called on his unlisted number, promising him $500,000 if he could sneak into Parker-Gibson and steal an experimental drug formula. Who this potential client was or the purpose of this formula was left undisclosed, but the person promised $200,000 upfront if he could deliver in less than two weeks. After the wiring of the money, he began planning the job. The main Parker-Gibson building had formidable security, but nothing up to some of his previous work. He was confident he could pull it off.
The thief also did some research on the company's upcoming drugs. Nothing he could find about the company's current research raised any red flags, certainly none that warranted this level of industrial espionage and theft. Whatever this secret formula was, the company was keeping it extremely confidential.
Reaching the correct room, he quickly picked the lock and slipped inside. The blackened room was full of steel cabinets fitted with embedded combination locks.
For this obstacle he was in luck, as his employer had somehow supplied the correct combination. Locating cabinet E5, he inputted the correct combination, and with a swift but silent pull, opened the door. Inside he found two large canisters, circular and about a foot in height. One was labeled X200-A, but the other was labeled X-200G. Though he was only being paid to steal the 'A' canister, he figured why not grab both and maybe later double his pay. Slipping both canisters into his backpack, he relocked the cabinet and after eluding security, made his escape.
But who will he deliver the formula to?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Traveler7001 (UN: freelance75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Traveler7001 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1738662-The-Growth-Formula/cid/1029623-The-story-begins