*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Senior Trip..?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1744030-Doll-House-Nightmare/cid/1039634-The-Senior-Trip
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Romance/Love · #1744030
A normal Senior trip suddenly goes wrong when you meet a strange classmate.
Chapter #1

The Senior Trip..?

    by: DarkHeart
Ever get the feeling youre being watched? Arcadia turned around in her swivel chair and found some guy staring at her from across the resturant. He lowered his eyes as he saw her catching on, but the sight of him was somehow enchanting. His eyes were a deep dark chocolate brown, his hair was kind of messy and black. His skin was a light tanned, almost pale tanned. He couldnt have been more than 20 from the looks of him. He actually seemed kind of familiar to her; was he a lakewood student? Why was she staring at her? Maybe he just recognised her too. Nibbling at her taco, she suddenly didnt feel all that hungry that more and stood up to throw her trash away.

"Hey." Arcadia jumped and dropped her tray from the sudden intrusion of her personal space; food scattered all over the floor. Was she that lost in thought today? Turning around, she found the guy watching her from before suddenly next to her. This guy was just a little shorter than her, maybe 2 or 3 inches. He wore black and red airwalks, lose black faded jeans and a skillet band shirt; she couldnt see this before as he was sitting down. His eyes almost looked black this close up. "H-hi.." Arcadia stuttered as they simply stared at eachother in akward silence. He slowly bent down and picked up her tray; Arcadia felt a slight blush forming and tried to hide it as best as she could.

"My name Is Derrick and sorry about scaring you. What's your name?" He smiled at her as he set the now empty tray atop the garbage. He held out his hand like a gentleman, the smile never faultering. Arcadia gently laid her hand in his as he gripped it in a slight handshake; his grip was firm and warm in her splush hand. Derrick seemed to notice her blush now and laughed softly as he released her hand
.
"Arcadia Micheals. Nice to meet you, Derrick." This was very akward and she shifted uncomfortably where she stood. Derrick smiled again and looked at the clock. "Well, Arcadia, it was nice meeting you but I have to get back to school. I-i'd like to see you again if that is alright?" he blushed ever so lightly and Arcadia smiled. "I'd like that too.." Arcadia was amazed how fast this was going; this was really strange! "When are you free next?" Derrick seemed to take a moment to think the thought over and snapped his finger with sudden brilliance.

"I'm going on the senior trip to New York this friday. i could give you a ride?" Aracdia was taken back; he really was from her class and grade. This all seemed a little weird but she had two choices: Ride in a bus with a bunch of screaming and childish seniors, or ride witha cute guy that she thinks is sweet. the choice was obvious.
"I-i'd like that very much.." she smiled and nodded, adjusting her purse fidgetly. Derrick grinned happily and grabbed a napkin and a marker from his pocket. Strange, but believable. He wrote down a number and his name before handing it to her. "Have I seen you before?" he asked suddenly, it surprised Arcadia. "I was thinking the same thing awhile ago...maybe we had a past class together or something?" Derrick nodded and seemed to leave it at that. "Text me later and we can set the detail up, k?" Arcadia smiled and nodded, setting the memo inside her Ed Hardy rose purse. Derrick waved goodbye and walked outside the resturant, leaving Arcadia to gather her thoughts. Did she just say yes to riding hour upon hours in a car with a stranger? WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING?! She shook her head and began her walk back to Lakewood High.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"Sorry I'm late, running a little behind schedule." He popped the trunk and set her bags amongst his before getting in, she followed him. "It's alright" she smiled and settled in for the long ride. Derrick started the car and pulled out onto the road, following the bus. He turned prematurely though and Arcadia looked at him questioningly. Derrick smiled and took another turn. "I'm sorry, I left my ipod at the house, so were taking a quick pitstop." Arcadia nodded but found it strange none the less. They pulled up to a two story eggshell white house, a small front yard with a floral garden lining the front yard. Two large oak trees shaded the house from the bright pre-summer sun as they rustled in the breeze.

"This is your house? It's beautiful!" Arcadia exclaimed as Derrick undid his belt. He smiled and waved her to follow him, which she did cautiously slow. Her ponytail whipped around her back and teased her neck; Derrick opened the brown door and ushered her inside. The house smelled like cinnamon and nutmeg. Strange combination. Derrick began walking upstairs and Arcadia followed once again. A little girl stood atop the stairs, her hair was very curly and black; she must be related to Derrick. She smiled and walked up to Derrick, hugging him around his legs.

"This is my little sister, Alandra. Alandra, why dont you go show Arcadia your toy room?" Derrick smiled and ushered Alandra towards Arcadia. Her tiny hand was smaller than hers, so it was very awkward walk. She looked back at Derrick, but he had shut the door behind him. They walked a good 10 feet down the hall where a tiny door, and I mean tiny, stood. Alandra could bend down and enter, but Arcadia had to get on her knees and crawl through. Inside was what seemed like a childs toy store! Dolls filled up shelves that lined the room, bean bags scattered around the room with various designs, and a giant wooden chest set against the far wall with designs of dragons flying carved into the wood. What really caught her attention was a HUGE dollhouse. it looked oddly just like the house that they stood in. The thing reached her knees (Arcadia is around 5'11") and was also wooden. The house could be opened up in the middle and spread up open so you could see the tiny furniture inside.

"Wow..this is so cool! I wish I had this when I was little...is this hand crafted?" Arcadia sat down infront of it, sort of memorized by the toy house. Alandra sat down next to her and smiled, nodding.

"Uhuh! Grandpa made it for my 5th birthday!" She squeaked happily in her shrill little girl voice. Aracdia smiled at her and looked inside the tiny house; everything looked so life like! The bed actually looked like someone had resently slepped in it; there was even little movie posters on the wall inside the bedroom!

"You should get a closer look!" Alandra squeaked and gave Arcadia a push towards the house. Losing her balance, Arcadia tumbled forward towards the wooden doll house, closing her eyes and waiting for the impact of crushing the antique. But the crushing and stabbing never came. Her eyes remained closed a moment; honestly afraid of what she would see. Did Alandra move the box? No, she couldnt have been fast enough. What was happening? Blinking her eyes roughly, her vision finally returning to normal. She stood in front of Derricks house, outside. Confused, she looked as saw the graden out front and the brown door infront of her. What was going on? The breeze was gone and she smelled..cinnamon and nutmeg. Was the smell just that strong or was something going on? Turning around she froze; she sure as hell wasnt OUTSIDE Derricks house...she was still INSIDE! Something wasnt right, everything was gigantic! She stood infront of the dollhouse Alandra had showed her.

Alandra. A very high pitched sound made Aracdia cover her ears in pain as the ground began to shake. Darkness suddenly covered her; she felt constricted as she couldnt move. Light screamed into her eyes and she covered them from the harsh unforgiving light. Looking up, she blinked her eyes back to normal and screamed. Infront of her stood an ENORMOUS Alandra. Her once tiny head was now bigger than a billboard, her blue eyes watching Arcadia in facination.

"You're so tiny and cute! Yay, I have a new toy!" She smiled and pet down Aracdias back, not so lightly. Arcadia gasped and shook involuntarily. "W-what happened to me? Why are you so big?!" Arcadia's heart raced and she squeaked as Alandra began to move, standing up. Alandra opened the now HUGE dollhouse and set Arcadia on the messy bed, bouncing slightly from the movement. Alandra clapped happily and reached over to the side.

"All done for now, dolly! Play again tomorrow, ok?" Alandra slammed the doll house shut, sending Aracdia falling to the floor in a tangle of blankets. Her feet stomped over to the tiny door, leaving the now shrunken and confused girl inside the wooden house.

What could possibly happen next..
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DarkHeart (UN: darkheart13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DarkHeart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1744030-Doll-House-Nightmare/cid/1039634-The-Senior-Trip