*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Chapter 1
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1763813-The-New-Age-of-Man/cid/1078952-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1763813
About a pilot called Jason Constansa, who joins the Space Academy to end war in the system
Chapter #1

Chapter 1

    by: Triviumfan
Four years ago, a young lad called Jason Constansa dreamt of being amongst the stars. But what he did not want to make his dream come true fighting in a war. Jason always wanted to fly a space craft of his own. When he was old enough, he joined the Space Academy as a space pilot. He thought that the Space Academy was like a flight training college, but he did not realise that the Space Academy was actually for recruits who wanted to bring peace to the Synopia system.

Jason joined the Academy anyway. Some of his old school friends were in the Academy as well.

In his first few weeks in the Academy, Jason tried to drop out at least 7 times. But his friends tried to make him think otherwise. In the end, Jason decided to continue on with his training and eventually graduated from the Space Academy as a Space Pilot. His first assignment was to fly a Phoenix star jet to collect prometium, a red ore that is found in space. However, Jason needed to make multiple runs as the cargo bay of the Phoenix was limited. After a few months of flying the little starjet, he decided to buy himself a new ship. The new ship was the Leonov. This starjet had the capability of increasing its cargo bay from 360 tonnes to 380 tonnes. As well as having increased shielding and damage, it could also outrun some of the smaller starjets. Jason’s CO, Lieutenant Commander Ian Stantham hailed him over flight suit comms. Lt Stantham gave Jason a new mission. Instead of collecting ore, Jason was to join his fellow pilots on the battlefield.

The first few days of fighting were spent fighting an alien species called the Streuners. Their craft were similar to the EIC’s Yamato starjet, but the engines were placed on the other way, compared to the Yamato.

Skirmishes between the alien starjets and the EIC broke out. Eventually, Jason uses his lasers and Eco-10 rockets to shoot down the last of the Streuners. For every 10 Streuners shot down, the EIC had 2 ships return to the home base for repairs because of damage to the hull of the ships. Eventually, Jason flew back to the base where the pilots of the damaged ships thanked Jason for dealing with the Streuners.

All of a sudden, the alarms blared with a deafening screech, Jason rushed back to his Leonov and flew out to meet the incoming threat. Managing to shoot down the first few waves, Jason started to notice that his LF-1 lasers were not firing.

He tried firing the cannon again. Nothing happened. The next wave came into view and the LF-2 Laser Auto-turret started firing away. Next thing, two Goliath K2 battle cruisers flew past him to fight the third wave of attackers with a landing party in the third wave. The Goliaths proved ineffective against the landing party and the last ship was Jason’s Leonov. Firing away, two of the landing craft exploded in a ball of green fire, while the third retreated, badly damaged. To prevent it returning back to its home base, Jason pursued the landing craft and shot it down with a volley of rockets and laser fire.

You have the following choices:

1. He makes new comrades

*Noteb*
2. He has enough and quits

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Triviumfan (UN: triviumfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Triviumfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1763813-The-New-Age-of-Man/cid/1078952-Chapter-1