*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1093975-Her-house-and-then-the-mall-What-could-go-wrong
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Experience · #1770382
Rich and shrunk is never good
This choice: Stop by Melissa's (she needs to grab supplies for the stay)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Her house, and then the mall, What could go wrong?

    by: Sebastian
I watched the rain hammer against the window of the limousine as it pulled up to Melissa’s house. She looked at me with a look of concern, “I have to grab a few things before we go over to your place, do you mind waiting here?”
I merely nodded at the fact as she crawled over me and opened the door into the onslaught of rain. I watched her hurry into the two story house before glancing back at me at me and closing the door. I waited patiently for her return as I pondered on how I felt and what I would do with the rest of my life. I enough money to tour the world a thousand times over, I wanted to continue on with high school because I know it would have made my mom proud. My dad had always expected me to take over the family enterprise but I had other ideas with my life. That was all up until Monday of this week. I looked back towards my girlfriend’s house as I watched the door open and Melissa come running down the cement trail and up to the limousine. I pushed open the door and let her in, she passed over me once again but this time I felt the rain come off of her poncho and hit my warm face. She sat down on the seat next to me and pulled off the poncho. She pulled an umbrella from the backpack style bag and set it on the seat. “For future use” she told me. It just now that I had noticed that the snow had gone back to rain. I knew it was common for this to happen, just before we got slammed by one of the biggest storms of our winter season, and I thought to myself, its only November. The drive was silent as we weaved slowly through traffic. We were stuck at another Minneapolis stoplight when Melissa’s Cellphone began to buzz. She looked at me and then back to the device in her hand before answering it. “Hello,” her soft voice sounded through the car. “Yes, okay, we can do that; love you to mom” Melissa said as she flipped the phone closed. “Do you mind if we stop by the mall, I have got to get some things that my mom forgot to pack?”
“Sure,” I said, my voice sadder than I had intended. The driver veered into the left lane as he prepped for us to go to the mall. The driver pulled the limousine into the parking lot of the Calhoun Square Mall.
“Do you want to come in? It will help get your mind off of the funeral, it should be good.” Melissa said her voice soothing as she grabbed my hands and gave them a tight squeeze.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sebastian (UN: senital at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sebastian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1093975-Her-house-and-then-the-mall-What-could-go-wrong