*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Arrive at the house without event
  2. The Funeral
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1269763-Arrive-at-the-house-without-event
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Experience · #1770382
Rich and shrunk is never good
This choice: Arrive at the house without event  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Arrive at the house without event

    by: Tina M. Courtney
Melissa's parents pulled up to the two story blue house. The house now looked daunting and empty. My first thought was it was now a ghost house. A house without my parents in it and filled with dead memories.

Melissa opened the car door while I was still at the back seat. Being more conscious, I knew to let emotions not get the best of me. I watched her open the door with her fragile mind take in consideration all that had happened. Her parents remained sunken to all the events and situations that was unfolding.

"Click" you could hear Melissa finally opening the door. My face was still showed exhaustion, but I managed to get out of the suffocating car with everyone knowing my parents had just died. Finally standing in front of my blue house now seemed gray. The forecast above my head showed that the weatherman predictions of today's weather would call for overcast and some rain. With the gray clouds descending from the roof of the house we all stood questioning if it would be a good idea for us to enter the house.

Turning the knob on the door, the door opened up with squeek to push open. Walking in felt welcoming after noticing it wasn't as dark as outside was. Contiuing my path through the entrance everyone was still sad but relived to be inside. It was better to be inside than standing at the funeral cemetery.

Melissa parents said "You really have a nice house". A silence annoyed my girlfriend and after her parents realized what they just said, they began to feel embarrassed. Her parents were nice married couple who'd stock up on wealth from a life of selling party and fine insurances for houses that belonged to the richest, wealthiest people in the neighborhood. Her parents were actually nice people and when I first met my girlfriend I was relieved to know her parents were nice people.

I followed my girlfriend upstairs to my bedroom to begin packing my stuff. Melissa hand turned to my desk and she picked up a newspaper. "Why is there a newspaper here?" Frantically I rushed to see what she was talking about. "October 9th-, Parents died of unknown causes and with unidentified disease" I freaked. All stomach bubbles were jumping in my stomach as I tried to remain calm enough to know what is that I needed to tell my girlfriend next. Melissa stood with her head cropped with her hair laying on her shoulders and asked "Why would this mysteriously be here with today date and the newspaper hasn't even arrived yet?". "I don't know Melissa but you can not tell anyone about this." I could see the tears trying to form to saturate in the light but I remained still and firm for her sake.

"I honestly don't know why people can't know about this." "Melissa, it will multiply if we tell or not." They both stood waiting to come up with a plan and fast. He tucked one hand below his pocket and the other manage to go in his left pocket. "I think we should go far into it and talk to the chief there."

Melissa knew it was coming. She was waiting for him to say so any minute. "Okay we got to go. We gotta try this out and see if we can save everyone.", Melissa said while bagging cloths in one suitcase.

They could hear the parents downstairs moving their paste below so they knew it was time for them to hurry.

"Time to go." Melissa were getting ready to leave. "Alright Mom I be back in a week.", said Melissa in a loud voice from her boyfriends room.

BOOOM! SMACK! The loud noise echoed and almost seem to paralyze everyone next move. "Eddy!" Melissa Mom screamed. "What the" both of them ran down. The disease was showing in her dad's face and pale was revealing he didn't have a fighting chance.

SMACK. I grabbed my bag and headed out, grabbing my girlfriend with me. Back into the forest we had our cloths that would be descent for jungle hiking. "Alright here it is Melissa. We have to get through this path to reach him." Melissa started to know that this may be the last warm tear she has strolling down her face. "I don't know if the man out here are going to let us it." "We have to Melissa, inless you want your Mom to be next!"

A orange-reddish plant with long green stem glowed by the infested poison oak tree. I grabbed my blade my father gave me on my 14th birthday and opened to stretch the blade. The cutting of the steam seemed to echoed, and a monkey seem to be alarming the jungle we were in a remote area. Rushing through the tall grass the flower was put inside my back pack behind me.

The pathway became visible once again and we were relieved. "Why didn't they tell us the disease could be cured." "Who knows Melissa." It was probably the best idea to protect this only flower left."

"Hey what are yall doing here" said the chief.

"Nothing, we were just going on a hike." I said trying to sound untouched by the sudden events. The chief seen Melissa face and that she managed to grinned to make everything look normal as possible.

"We have to hurry before the secret services show up with guns" Melissa said, as she was already eagered to leave. "Alright lets go." The chief didn't think to ask anything else and went on walking to where the plant was once at.

After an hour walk we managed to take the plant observatory to where they could liquefy the plant and make a medicine.

You have the following choice:

*Noteb*
1. "Arriving Home"

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Tina M. Courtney (UN: tinag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sebastian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1269763-Arrive-at-the-house-without-event