*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Nightmare Squared
  2. The Present
  3. Variations on a Theme
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1785569-Shrunken-Servitude/cid/1219267-Nightmare-Squared
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1785569
Various storylines all end with you becoming a shrunken pet, possession or slave.
This choice: She is a precocious youngster who goes to a school for the gifted.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Nightmare Squared

    by: Neo-rodent
In your sleep you hear your mother's words spoken again and again like some depressing Buddhist chant. "Your aren't half as smart as your sister and she's only 13!....Your aren't half as smart as your sister and she's only 13!....Your aren't half as smart as your sister and she's only 13!..." The sentence impales you with every thrust burning your guts like a poisoned sword and what hurts more is you know she is right. In a family of geniuses you were a C student, barely higher in intellectual station than the family dog. Your sister had already eclipsed you in science and reading. Her shelves held Dostoyevsky and Conrad, yours held Dean Koontz and comic books. On her desk were the notes for her next experiment, on yours was a notebook of doodles and half drawn cartoons. Looking at her math homework made your head dizzy and looking at yours made the whole family laugh. 'It's true, I am nothing compared to Iris, a genetic accident.' "Your aren't half as smart as your sister and she's only 13!! " The words assault your ears once more, shocking you out of your sleep.

From darkness you open your eyes into more darkness. Blinking you can not recall your room ever being so pitch black. You reach out to the bedside table and feel only still air. In fact, you realize you aren't even on your bed but the floor. You stand barefoot of the flat yet rough surface and notice your nakedness. A horrifying thought runs throught your mind, "I've been abducted by aliens!'' Maybe they are extraterrestrial geneticists trying to ascertain how you could spawn from your parent's gene-pool. After debating these hypotheticals for a few minutes, your eyes are shocked by a sudden light.

It traces across the black before you like a white hot needle. Growing it splits the dark sky which opens to colors to bright to process. You blink and rub your eyes. Slowly the blurs before you mold into shape. Once your vision clears you are forced to blink again. 'Impossible......' Hovering above you is the face of your mother yet at the scale of a god. She looks down at you with the same judgemental gaze she did in your dreams, 'dreaming yes I must be dreaming.'

"I know what you're thinking, hun," Her words fell upon you like boulders, "but you're wrong, this isn't a dream. You see Jason, I've been thinking about what I said before and I've decided there was only one logical conclusion. Since you are worth so little compared to your sister, your over all success in life would be increased by simply becoming a function of her life." Mother's face drifted aside and was joined by your sister. Between her black curls sit the same cutting and cruel eyes with which you had become accustomed. Only now expanded in size they were truly frightening and penetrating. Shaking you crawl back into the shadow of the box. A moment later you remember to cover your exposed junk.

"Oh he's scared," said Iris laughing.

"He'll get used to it, human beings are remarkably adaptable even mentally inferior ones."

"Did your little mind process what Mom said, brother? I own you. You only exist for my benefit."

"Now now dear, no need to be so harsh. Remember this is for him as well. He can be far more productive as a servant to you than he could as an independent being and so this way his life will have far more meaning... Iris why don't you take him, the sooner he gets used to his new station the better.

You cringe as giant girlish hands reach in for you. Behind them Iris is grinning like a devil given a new soul to torture.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neo-rodent (UN: glacialmind101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neo-rodent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1785569-Shrunken-Servitude/cid/1219267-Nightmare-Squared