*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A different role
  2. Let the Games Begin!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1155607-A-different-role
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sports · #1795728
Come to Rome for the 32nd Summer Olympiad!
This choice: Other  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A different role

    by: Elisa the Bunny Stik
One of the great things about going to plazas in Rome is people watching. Since this area is familiar to you, you are having almost too much fun watching the tourists and athletes trying not to look like tourists. Sometimes it's hilarious, and other times it's just sad. With the Olympics in town, it's almost overwhelming. That's why you've been spending more and more at at Plaza della Repubblica. Not as many tourists hang around here, and the fountains are certainly lovely. It's a needed respite from the increased traffic brought about by what feels like half the planet descending upon the city.

You enjoy it, though. You were definitely not among those circulating anti-Olympics petitions or organizing demonstrations against the IOC. Yes, you can understand why people would not want the Olympics in town. It's a significant undertaking, and you've seen it reshape the city's landscape over the past several years. Still, you have confidence that the Games will be successful, and the new infrastructure made initially for this event will live on to serve the city of Rome for decades to come. For that matter, parts of the old stadiums from 1960 found new life in 2020. The scope of the Olympics has changed. The allure of having a wonderful legacy of the Olympics, though, will never fade.

In the meantime, you watch as someone waves across the fountain at another individual whose head perks up in recognition. A journalist type almost runs out of the plaza in an attempt to challenge Usain Bolt's records. Tourists pose for cheesy group shots that have been an ubiquitous sight these days. Groups head off to lunch while others just try to get out of the plaza. Traffic is a little heavy, but considering the masses near the historic sites this plaza looks almost empty. Then again, being familiar with the area, you actually would be able to tell the difference between everyday sightseeing traffic and the colossal crowds associated with a worldwide celebration. It's all happening in your country, your home. How do you fit into all this?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. A Rome local

*Noteb*
2. An organizing committee member

3. A volunteer

*Noteb*
4. A ceremony performer

*Noteb*
5. An interpreter

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1155607-A-different-role