*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. At that same time....
  2. Saving an Angel
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1201404-At-that-same-time
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1810181
James Walker finds himself among the fabled Misterian race of angels after a heroic act.
This choice: At that same time....  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

At that same time....

    by: Onlyonekey
Meanwhile, during James' unfortunate experience, there was uneasiness among friends and family that night.

*****Nate and Erin's House*****

"What's wrong Erin?" asked Nate. The twin siblings had returned home and were watching some tv. Their parents were out for the night so it was just them for the night. However, Erin had a look of worry across her face. Nate shook his head. Erin had always been a little wierd. It was like she had some special 6th sense or something. Not many people could fool her, as she was very perceptive and could tell her friends and family from anybody.

"It's....nothing" said Erin slowly. However, Nate was also quite perceptive, especially to the plights of his younger twin.

"You're lying. What is it?" he said flatly. Erin sighed as she continued.

"I've...got this strange feeling about James. I feel as if something terrible has happened" said Erin, her hands clasped together in front of her.

"What makes you say that?" asked Nate.

"Intuition?" suggested Erin. Nate gave her a small smile as she said that.

"Well, I don't know about that. However, I think James is fine. He may always have his head in the clouds but he can take care of himself just fine" said Nate assuringly.

"I hope you're right" said Erin as she took a look outside the window. She still couldn't help her uneasiness.

'James. What is happening?' wondered the young woman.

*****Walker House*****

Meanwhile, James' family had their own worries. James hadn't called in a while and they had to have dinner without him.

"Mom, I don't get it. Why wouldn't James call? He's always good about that" wondered Trevor, James' 8-year old brother.

"I don't know Trevor. This is most unusual for him" wondered Lynda, their mother. Ellen, James' 19-year old sister, was especially worried for her older brother. They had been close for many years now, after finally outgrowing their sibling rivalry from when they were kids.

'Why do I feel as if I might never see him again?' wondered Ellen as a solitary tear fell from her eyes. She knew immediately that there would be no sleep for her tonight. Not until she knew that James was safe.

Nicole Walker, the youngest of the Walker siblings, was also worried. After being adopted into the family 4 years prior, James was the one who had taken much time out of his day to play with her.

All she could do was look to the sky and hope and pray for her brothers safe return.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Following Day

*Noteb*
2. The News

3. To the World Above

*Noteb*
4. A Week Later (Ellen's Story)

*Noteb*
5. Years go by (Nicole's Story)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Onlyonekey (UN: gwarner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Onlyonekey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1201404-At-that-same-time