*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Out of body and out of mind
  2. Saving an Angel
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1472827-Out-of-body-and-out-of-mind
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1810181
James Walker finds himself among the fabled Misterian race of angels after a heroic act.
This choice: Alternate Story 2  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Out of body and out of mind

    by: Onlyonekey
James had no idea how much time passed since he blacked out. He felt like he was floating in som dark abyss, where it seemed like all light was shunned. Quite frankly, he couldn't really tell if his eyes were open either. That's how dark it was.

"Where.....am....I?" he spoke slowly. This almost didn't feel real, and yet at the same time, it was very much real. It felt like a place where even time and space were all screwed up.

"That's one way to look at it." came a soft voice.

James instantly tried to look around, startled by the sudden voice. Again though, he couldn't tell where he was looking. However, as he continued to look, a small orb of light floated near him. It wasn't very bright, but it was enough for James to tell that he was actually looking at something.

"What do you mean?" he spoke again, a little bit faster than before. The orb of light slowly bobbled in the air.

"This place isn't really governed by temporal or spacial laws. That's how a mindscape works" spoke the orb again. After hearing it again, James thought that the voice sounded almost spiritual, like the voice of someone from another world or something. At the same time though, it sounded very familiar. Like he had just heard it recently.

Suddenly, the voice giggled, as if hearing something funny.

"No, I'm not a spirit. Trust me, I'm far from it. Think of me as someone who'll get you back on your feet soon enough" spoke the voice.

"How so? First of all, what's a mindscape? Second, how are you reading my mind? Third, who the hell are you?" spoke James, getting angrier by the second. He didn't like dodging around the subject like this. Once again, the voice laughed.

"So many questions. I can't really tell you everything right now. I don't have much time here. All I can say is that you went through a great ordeal just now, and I'll help you live again when the time comes" spoke the voice. James raised an eyebrow at that comment. Live again? Was he dead? He didn't feel like it.

"Trust me, you aren't dead. More like half-dead." spoke the voice. Before James could answer, the orb of light seemed to start flickering, like a lightbulb about to go out. "Crud, I'm out of time. Know this, you'll awaken soon enough. When you do, things will be different, but you'll always have help. See ya."

With that, the orb flickered out, leaving James back in darkness.

"Well that was bizarre" said James, wondering about what kind of trouble he was in now. However, he didn't have much time to think on it, as his mind began to cloud again, and he once again entered a deep slumber.

You have the following choices:

1. Sudden Awakening

*Noteb*
2. One big headache

3. Your choice

*Noteb*
4. Your choice

*Noteb*
5. Your choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Onlyonekey (UN: gwarner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Onlyonekey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1472827-Out-of-body-and-out-of-mind