*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Freddy Morebucks
  2. Just an average day...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1815943-Shrink-and-Swim/cid/1917632-Freddy-Morebucks
by Raghp2
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1815943
Josh is the owner of new water park called Shrink and Swim.
This choice: ... suck up to some investors out front!"  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Freddy Morebucks

    by: Raghp2
"Dude, remember you have to meet that rich investor guy, uhhh Freddy something?" Tyler began to explain as he started to scratch his head.

"Morebucks! I had completely forgotten! He's already here in the park?" Josh asked his head lifeguard hurriedly. Tyler shook his head, while looking down at his short boss.

"Ty, I need you to come with me, as head lifeguard I want you at my side when I speak with him!" Josh said, already walking toward the entrance motioning Tyler to come with him. Tyler was shocked to hear his boss wanted him at his side, but shook his head quickly and walked up beside Josh. Walking quickly Josh tried to brief Tyler with anything Mr. Morebucks might ask him.

- - -

"... and remember most importantly look him in the eye when you shake his hand and I introduce you, so you'll have to ditch the sunglasses for now. That'll give him a good impression of you. Otherwise don't worry, I'll be doing most of the talking anyway." Josh assured the bulky man at his side. Tyler just nodded his head nervously and pocketed his shades. Josh suddenly stopped and Tyler halted, turning toward him. Josh looked seriously up at Tyler, directly into his eyes. "I wouldn't want any other person at my side. You're gonna do great!" Josh smiled warmly at him.

Confident, Tyler smiled back and the two continued their walk toward the entrance to meet the savvy investor.

- - -

"Mr. Morebucks, sir?" Josh said to a middle aged man of about 43. He recognized him from newspapers and articles on the internet. Besides he was the only person at the park wearing a suit. "Good to meet you sir. My name is Josh, I'm the owner and operator of Shrink and Swim." Josh said extending out his hand to the taller man.

Josh was a little intimated by the man, obviously well built, and taller, probably about 6'2" he felt small compared to the rich investor. Next, Josh motioned to his right, "This is my head lifeguard and right hand man, Tyler."

Tyler extended out his hand, this time it was Mr. More bucks who was intimated as the ripped man looked more like a bodyguard not a lifeguard. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Morebucks." Tyler greeted professionally.

"The pleasure is mine to both of you." Mr. Morebucks greeted back pleasantly. He motioned two his left and a young woman stepped forward. She had long blonde hair and was a little shorter than Mr. Morebucks, not to mention she was quite an attractive woman. "She must be a model!" Josh thought to himself.

"This is my wife, Rebecca." The young woman extended her hand first to Tyler who blushed, shaking the woman's hand back gingerly, as she turned away from Tyler she faced Josh and said, "This is a fantastic park you have here, Josh. Its wonderful to meet you." She added softly as she extended her hand.

"I'm humbled by your complement, madam." Josh said eloquently, as he shook the woman's hand. Rebecca smiled as she backed to her husband's side.

"Now that the formalities are aside, we can talk business." Mr. Morebucks said, hoping to move this along.

"Of course, sir. Please come with us back to my office and we can have a seat." The four walked down the path as Josh gave a small tour along the way, naming all the slides on the way, and noting how there's never been an accident. Making sure to point out the "Safest park" award on a wall of medals just outside his office.

Once inside, the four sat down, and Josh pulled out many sheets of papers. Expense reports, employee records, and even some marketing ads. All the while Tyler looked over his boss's shoulder making sure to keep his back straight and keep his expression serious. It didn't suit him but he knew he had to put on his best act for Josh's sake. As Mr. Morebucks and Josh went over the expense report, Josh was listing numbers to the rich investor that made the man gasp. "There's no way that's all it costs to run this place! That's incredible!" The middle aged man said with his mouth a gap.

The numbers for Tyler went in one ear and out the other, however Mr. and Mrs. Morebucks looked over at Tyler with shocked expressions, "Can you believe this? I had no idea your boss managed this!" Mr. Morebucks said at the confused lifeguard.

"Uh..." Tyler started as he looked down at his side to Josh's face. Josh just turned his head and smiled. "He's a genius, that's all there is to it!" Tyler finally said making Josh blush ever so slightly.

"Right he is! It's decided. I'm going to invest in this park. With a brilliant owner, and capable staff, there's no reason not to!" Mr. Morebucks said dramatically as his wife turned and smiled at him. "Oh hon..." She added cutely.

"Wonderful!" Josh said excitedly. "If that's the case we can start talking about expanding the park right away! We can take on more staff and manage more entrances and double our guest count in a matter of a few days!"

"Construction can be that swift?" Mr. Morebucks questioned with a surprised look on his face.

"Based off the size of the park, its basically like putting pieces of a toy together. It can be done in just a few days with only a few workers." Josh stated professionally.

"Excellent!" Mr. Morebucks replied, taking out his checkbook.

- - -

Mr. and Mrs. Morebucks left the park, excited in their new investment. Josh turned to Tyler and hugged him. "This is the happiest day of my life!" Josh said practically sobbing into Tyler's chest.

Tyler hoisted his boss up, slinging him over his shoulder. "I'm h-happy I could be here for it..." He said choking back tears.

- - -

Later that evening before everyone headed out, Josh went into the break room from the park to tell, his now gigantic staff, that the park is being invested in and they're going to start expansion effective tomorrow and that in two days the park will be back and running with new rides. Cheers came from the huge lifeguards as Josh delivered this great news.

Noting everyone will be getting a raise made the crowd of massive lifeguards all the more excited. "20% across the board for everyone!" Josh yelled into the microphone so his staff could hear him.

Finally as the crowd of lifeguards started to leave the room Josh got a chance to wind down and relax. Now...

You have the following choices:

1. Busy during construction

*Noteb*
2. A few of the guys stayed back wanting to party with Josh

3. Tyler approaches Josh alone

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Raghp2 (UN: raghp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raghp2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1815943-Shrink-and-Swim/cid/1917632-Freddy-Morebucks