*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Storyteller's Lament
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1834261-Siege-Of-The-Giantess/cid/1242746-The-Storytellers-Lament
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1834261
An ancient village defends itself against the onslaught of a giantess army!
Chapter #1

The Storyteller's Lament

    by: Chibichan
In the high roofed long house of the main dining hall, everyone sat around the feast table tonight. Though it wasn't for a meal they were gathered, but rather to hear of the impending doom the scouts had said would come to their village.

Elan was a bard from ages gone by. Now he was an old man who always wore a cloak to try to warm his old bones. His long gray hair and beard almost reached down to the table he sat at the head of.

"You have heard the words of the scouts and already we have sent away the women who were not of our army and the children to a far off village. Now before me sits our best of both genders. Mages, warriors and battle tacticians. We fear that all of this may be too late. But none of us want to see our village fall. Charlee has a tale to tell of her spying on our coming enemy," Elan shared as he motioned to a bright eyed blonde girl to his right, dressed light and ready, a spry archer.

Charlee swallowed deeply and began, "Small camps to the North have already fell under the tread of these monsters. It is no surprise that you should be able to tell who they are just by their enormous size, however I will tell you anyway. They wear furs, much like ancient travellers of the tundra. Yet our lands arn't that cold so they tend to only be small skirts and brasiers. To be honest, they are actually very attractive to behold, until you see what they are capable of.

"They laugh at misery and delight in treating those smaller than them as nothing. Stepping on those below them is like a game to them, stomping unfortunate stragglers under their dirty bare feet. Then any still alive after this treatment," Charlee swallowed hard again, her throat dry with fear of their acts,"Those still alive after being stepped on would be eaten."

Everyone shuffled in their seats, uncomfortable with the news so far. Beautiful monsters that would delight in their destruction were coming to claim their land. Nothing could be done but preparing and hoping for the best. Yet it seemed bleak.

It was more awkward for a few others. It wasn't a secret that these monsters were indeed beautiful and a good majority of the villagers had actually taken to falling in love with them. They never dared let themselves be seen, or told many other villagers, but some were truly awed by these giantess. They wanted nothing more than to travel to their home and watch them from hiding places around their massive furnature.

None of them spoke up. They'd all watched giantess from afar, but they had no idea what they'd do if they saw one up close. Naturally they didn't want to be crushed or eaten, well some didn't anyway, but the thought of attacking these creatures of beauty was a horrible concept in itself.

Elan spoke up again, "In my younger days I have seen first hand these fearsome monsters. I do not have faith in our village. I only say that we go out as a task of legend. We show those who live after us that we did not falter. We stood strong, but alas, I fear we alone will not be able to stop the oncoming siege of the giantess."

Raenok, a young warrior lad, one secretly who had spied on these giantess before for his own desiring feelings towards them, stood and asked, "Why have the giantess left their land? They come from a perfect field of all they could need."

"That we do not know young Raenok. Charlee found them only a few days to the north. As far as we assume, something has driven them from their land," Elan replied.

Braegale, a brown haired battle woman stood next, "What could drive them from their own land? These are beasts! They delight in destroying anything else and make light of it with even laughter and song of their horrible tales."

Obviously Braegale wasn't enthusiastic like Raenok, or like her sister Iandrea, who was shy to admit it but couldn't help watching these majestic creatures eat their prey. Iandrea sat next to her sister and was staring at the table. She hated to admit it but she always wondered what it would be like to be eaten by a giantess. Iandrea was shorter as was their hair, the same brown as her sisters but shoulder length unlike Braegale's long ponytail.

"We do not know Braegale. All we know is that they are coming our way. We expect them any time now. Our decisions are clear. We can either send out a party to get more details on their camp, or we simply wait for the seige and hope for the best," Elan sighed and slumped down in his chair.

"I will gather a party and venture out immediately. I won't wait for dawn. Somehow we will slay these beasts!" Braegale growled as she threw her fur cape over one shoulder and glared out the door.

Who's tale will you follow?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Chibichan (UN: chibichan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chibichan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1834261-Siege-Of-The-Giantess/cid/1242746-The-Storytellers-Lament