*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1844407-Rise-of-a-New-Equestria/cid/1267952-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Boris
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1844407
A mysterious stallion wishes to overthrow Princess Celestia! Will he succeed?
Chapter #1

The Beginning...

    by: Boris
         It was a slightly cloudy, warm, late summer’s afternoon in the city of Maretro and the surrounding area. A gentle breeze was present, carrying with it the delicious smells that could only be produced by the many bakeries present in the city. Most of the ponies went about their daily business, while others enjoyed what felt like possibly the most perfect of days. Unbeknownst to some, the fair city will be visited this day. Visited by a couple of cloaked individuals who will change not just the city of Maretro, but all of Equestria.
         The visitors are noticed relatively quickly, as the local news stations are reporting about having sighted the strangers coming toward the city almost as soon as they appear. Being the most newsworthy thing in the past while, everypony in the vicinity of a radio or television tuned to the right station is immediately entranced, and everyone else is told about the strangers by those with a radio. The reporters seem skeptical about why the cloaked couple would arrive, coming to the conclusion that they could only be up to no good, and everypony should avoid coming into contact with the couple just to be safe. Patrons of a small bar, a group of about four older colts, somewhere near the outskirts of the city listened to the news broadcast over the radio as they enjoyed their usual weekly drinks.
         “I bet they’re coming to steal our souls,” said one of the patrons, belching afterwards.
         “Nah, nopony can steal yer soul,” said another. “They might be some o’ them cannibal folk, though. Eatin’ who they ain’t s’posed ta.”
         “No way, cannibals are a myth,” said a third.
         “What, like zebras NOT being evil?” the fourth patron piped in, chuckling while the others glared at him.
         “Hey now, let’s not get racist,” the bartender said while cleaning a mug. “My cousin’s daughter is part zebra, and she’s a kind hearted individual living near… Uh… Ponyville, I think it was.”
         “Alright, I take it back.”
         “I’m still curious WHY they’re here,” the third one said.
         “Well, why don’tcha go ask ‘em, then?” the second pony suggested.
         “No way, are you crazy?! They might actually BE cannibals!”
         “I thought you said cannibals were a myth?” an unfamiliar male voice added, the bar door closing as two newcomers entered, black cloaks covering their bodies.
Everypony in the bar stared at the new couple with their mouths agape. The bartender forgot about the mug he was cleaning and let it drop to the floor. At least, it would have dropped had the slightly taller newcomer not been there. Without so much as a twitch, the taller newcomer used their Unicorn powers to take hold of the mug and prevent it from shattering against the ground, placing it upon the countertop with those same powers. Aside from the static coming from the radio and the hoof steps, all was quiet as the two newcomers approached the counter. Moments passed as the patrons and bartender stared at the newcomers before the couple decided to take off their hoods. The others flinched back, not sure what to expect under the hoods of the strangers. However, under beneath the cloaks were two (seemingly) average ponies. To be specific, a Unicorn stallion and a Pegasus mare, although the mare couldn’t obviously be pinned as a Pegasus due to her wings still being covered by the cloak. The stallion was very dark blue in color with a black and blue mane and tail (if anypony was trying to see under his cloak to see his tail). He was missing a small bit of his left ear and his horn was long and pointed, which brought the question of “How did he hide that in his hood?” to the minds of everypony other than the Pegasus he traveled with. The mare was almost an exact opposite of the stallion. She was very bright white in color and had a flowing golden mane and tail (again, if anypony was trying to see under her cloak). She was beautiful, and complimented the handsome stallion she travelled with.
         “Well?” the mysterious stallion said, gazing over the group of colts gathered at the bar with a slight hint of disgust in his eyes. The colt on the far left gulped while the other colts glanced at each other before the bartender chose to spoke.
         “Well what?”
         “Are or are not these cannibals mythical?” the stallion raised one of his eyebrows as he said this.
         “Are either of you… cannibals?"
         The mare smiled and let out a silent chuckle at this, while the stallion laughed. Not just a complete laugh like one would expect to hear after telling a rather funny joke, though. He started with a chuckle, like one would expect if somepony just said a decent joke, switching to hysterical laughter as if he were a mass murderer ready to claim his next victims while staring each one of the colts in the eyes. He stopped as soon as he heard one of them begin to nervously laugh along, and faster than any one of them could blink he was in the middle of the group, slamming his hoof onto the counter, dead serious expression practically plastered on his face. The group of colts began scrambling away from the stallion until the stranger looked at each of them. As they met his gaze they froze in place, almost like they had been turned into statues. All except the bartender, who had picked up the mug that almost broke had the Unicorn not moved it to the countertop with his magic, and began cleaning it some in an attempt to keep calm.
         “No,” the Unicorn said after a moment. “We are not cannibals. We are here on business, if you are so concerned as to why we are here.”
         “And what kinda business would that be?” said the bartender.
         “We’re here to determine exactly how many ponies are living here. You might say it’s important business for the Princess.”
Everypony in the bar let out a breath of relief when the Unicorn said this. The regulars got into more relaxed positions, and the bartender filled the mug he was just cleaning with cider. It seemed like the mere mention of the Princess could calm anypony.
         “Have some cider,” the bartender said as he offered the mug to the stallion. “On the house for you official folk.”
          The stallion looked at the mug, then back at the bartender as he raised an eyebrow. The other patrons watched to see what would happen. After a moment the stallion pushed the mug away.
         “No thanks,” he said as he turned to walk away. “I don’t drink.” Again without a twitch, the Unicorn used his magical powers, this time to open the bar door and raise his and his travelling companion’s hoods. As they left he looked over his shoulders at the patrons and bartender. “Have a pleasant day,” he said. When the door closed behind him, every glass item in the bar exploded as if a bomb went off in the room. Not another sound was heard from within the bar.

You have the following choices:

1. Continue with the main story, or...

2. Write your own, or...

*Noteb*
3. Write your own, or...

*Noteb*
4. Write your own

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Boris (UN: boris92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Boris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1844407-Rise-of-a-New-Equestria/cid/1267952-The-Beginning