*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1340502-High-Elves
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1860225
Transformation in a world of wizardcraft and witchery
This choice: Elves  •  Go Back...
Chapter #8

High Elves

    by: Yote
High elves make their homes in breathtaking treetop cities cut and woven into the boughs of the trees that grow massive under their tending. They claim many forests as their own, including those in human lands, so the two races share an uneasy co-existence. Each forest is an independent realm, ruled over by its own king, queen, and their court.

Elves are arrogant and aloof, though perhaps deservingly so, as they are immortal, invariably beautiful and gifted both in martial prowess and magic. Their belief in their own perfection makes them cruel and callous in regard to all other races, and they guard themselves violently against outside influences that might tarnish their perfection. Despite its refinement, or indeed because of it, their culture is highly static and stagnant, as they have an innate racial fear of change. They would like nothing more than to sit in their lofty cities for the eternity their immortality affords, marveling in their own self-perfection.

The ascension of humanity has been an irritating challenge to their vision of supremacy ever since the first proto-humans fought the elves and pushed back the boundaries of their forests. The weakening of Tryzantium is the greatest opportunity in hundreds of years for the elves to launch their counter-attack.

Unless watched closely, Elven forests 'creep' ever outwards. Sometimes a particularly rapid expansion can engulf an entire human settlement in woodlands overnight, smothering its inhabitants in their beds with vines that grow and spread like tentacles. Anything caught in one of these expansion events becomes a part of the forest. These expansions have become more frequent in recent years as the High Elves push their luck against human defenses, and perpetuate the hostile wilderness that gnaws at Tryzantium from within.

High Elves have no gods. They worship only themselves.

You have the following choices:

1. Elves: Magic-users, spells, and curses

2. Elven degradations

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/1340502-High-Elves