*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Watch That First Step, It's A Doo-hoo-hoozy!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1862253-This-Day-Just-Wont-End/cid/1318141-Watch-That-First-Step-Its-A-Doo-hoo-hoozy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1862253
Someone is repeating the same day over and over again (ya know, like in Groundhog Day).
Chapter #1

Watch That First Step, It's A Doo-hoo-hoozy!

    by: citywalker
So... Pick a story, won't you?

1) It is February 2nd, 2013, twenty years after the events of the film Groundhog Day. Phil and Rita (Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell's characters) have settled down in Punxsutawney and had a kid together, Ryan, who is now a seventeen-year-old senior at Punxsutawney High. No matter how much his parents try to convince him otherwise, he hates living in this small "hick" town in Western Pennsylvania. The last straw comes today, when he is reminded of how crazy the town gets for something as stupid as an ugly rodent. So he convinces his best friend Kurt to run away to New York with him, "borrowing" his dad's credit card and buying two one-way bus tickets to New York. However, when a freak blizzard hits the entire state, very similar to the one that hit twenty years ago to the day, Ryan finds himself stuck for yet another Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney. When he goes through the same day yet again, something starts to change that may either help change his mind on his hometown or help him escape it.

2) There's nothing that sixteen-year-old Lucas is more proud of than his thirteen-year-old kid brother Jordan, who is an all-star Little League pitcher and has led his team to the regional championship game today, where the winner will advance to the Little League World Series. Having played Little League himself a few years ago (and still playing baseball in high school), Lucas has taught Jordan everything he knows about the game, and even serves as the team's third base coach. Jordan and his team face a huge challenge, and though they may not succeed the first day, as Lucas starts to repeat this day over and over again, something seems to be happening to Jordan and his team that may give them an edge, or at the very least make things pretty interesting!

3) The first day of middle school is always rough, but especially when your family has just moved to another country. For twelve-year-old Rakin, who's father just moved their entire family from Dubai to the United States with less than a week's notice, that means making all new friends, hoping his English is good enough and his accent is hidden enough to avoid getting made fun of (or worse), and (on top of all that) dealing with being one of the shortest boys in the class. Needless to say, the first day is miserable. However, when he starts having to repeat that first day, he also finds his body changing in some pretty fantastic ways, that may make coping with this situation a lot easier (or perhaps not).
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 citywalker (UN: citywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1862253-This-Day-Just-Wont-End/cid/1318141-Watch-That-First-Step-Its-A-Doo-hoo-hoozy