*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864249-My-Big-Wishing-Mistake/cid/1324041-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1864249
You find a crystal that allows for one wish per person. You and a friend make your wishes.
Chapter #1

The Beginning.

    by: Hugegrllvr
My name is Max. I'm not the brightest person in the world, but having finished college definitely put me ahead of the curve. I work as a social worker helping under privileged kids find permanent homes. Basically I am a foster care placer. It's not the most glorious job in the world, but I find some definite good comes out of my work. In my industry I notice it seems to be dominated by females. It makes for a great workplace, except for the fact that I can't seem to get any of them to be able to sleep with me. There are some really good looking women who work here. I try not to act like a creeper, and for the most part they respond well to it.

My friend Kimberly works the front desk. Kimberly is a big lady! When I say big I don't mean o look she has a little extra weight to her, I mean she is one of those women that people made crude comments about her, and make her wait to ride the elevator because they say it has a "weight limit" and she would make it exceed it. Even through all the heckling she received in the office, she comes to work everyday and greets everyone with a smile.

One day I was working at my desk when I received an email. Upon opening the email it showed me a picture of a small purple crystal.

"If you order now you will receive the one wish crystal for a total of $49.99 with shipping and handling"

I laughed at the advertisement and thought it would be funny to send it to Kimberly thinking she would get a good laugh about it. The email was soon forgotten until Kimberly brought it up at lunch time. We always enjoyed having our lunches together. It was something about going to lunch with Kimberly that I found truly fun. We would chat and shoot the shit about people in the office which made the both of us feel a bit better about our situations. Today however all Kimberly seemed to be focused on was that damned crystal that I had sent her the picture of.

"Seriously Max, imagine if you ordered the crystal and it turns out it really does grant one wish! Could you imagine how your life could change! Imagine, no more kissing the bosses asses! You could be your own boss! Or even solve the problem of unwanted children with a single wish! You really should consider ordering the crystal. If it's true, then it could change the world!" she said very excitedly. It was almost as if she knew it would work, but didn't want to spend her own money on it.

"If you think it will work so badly, then you order the damn crystal! Plus let's say the damn thing does work and I wish for the wrong thing, then we are screwed! What would I even wish for?"

Kimberly looked a little rejected and continued eating her lunch. She really wanted me to order the crystal. We finished our lunch and headed back to the office where I sat at my desk looking over the email.

"It's only 50 bucks and if its a scam I'll just give it to Kimberly to keep. Either way it will be a cool gift to one of us."

I click the link which brings up the secure pay site. I begin filling out the form and right before I finish look over all of the details. "Alright, here goes nothing!." I click submit and instantly the page goes away with a big congratulations sign on my screen. I laugh it off and finish out the rest of the work day hoping I didn't just make the biggest mistake of my life.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hugegrllvr (UN: weightgainl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hugegrllvr has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864249-My-Big-Wishing-Mistake/cid/1324041-The-Beginning