*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. super-powers
  2. whats going on
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864449-random-story/cid/1586942-super-powers
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1864449
this is a random story any thing goes
This choice: super-powers  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

super-powers

    by: Christine
She had super-powers. Not only did life suck but it had turned into a cross between an episode of the "Big Bang Theory" and Superman - the characters sourced exclusively from the Big Bang the situation based on Superman. A month ago she had been an economics student at Oxford University and today she was sitting on a roof surrounded by an elf, a gargoyle and a nerd (though that appellation might have applied to the non-human members of her team as well) trying to control a full out mob - WITH HER MIND. Could life get any stranger?

"Come on, Janna. You are Spock without the touching! Mind meld already!"

She loved Charlie, her childhood friend, her confidante - but at the moment she would have cheerfully thrown him off the roof. Mind meld? Spock? God, how did he come up with these things? And the fact that Xkaltr, gargoyle by race and curious by nature, jumped onto the incomprehensible Star Trek reference like a starving bear on a salmon run, dissecting and questioning the comment, did not help her concentration. The rain was cold, the voices around her began to mirror the angry shouts of the crowd below her and if she did not manage to calm down that mob soon there would be more than property damage. The low levels of terror in her gut, a constant companion of the last few weeks, was quickly blooming into all out panic.

A strong arm came around her middle, pulling her against a warm form. Sheltered against the rain by Geriel's body it was easier to breathe.

"Concentrate, Janna. You can feel their emotions, that means you can also influence them. Ignore everything else. Ignore the voices, ignore the cold - just feel them."

She tried. She really tried. She let her mind clear, let it empty and reach. It was hard. She was battered by all the anger and frustration, the fear and violence experienced by everyone below. But for a moment, just a moment, she thought she could feel the sliver of awareness to grasp, to influence ....
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Christine (UN: cblackthorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dark Queen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864449-random-story/cid/1586942-super-powers