*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864449-random-story/cid/2392662-She-tried-again-and-there-just-out-of-her-reac
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1864449
this is a random story any thing goes
This choice: She tried again and there, just out of her reach, was what she was looking for  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

She tried again and there, just out of her reac...

    by: ~ Aqua ~
Everything was confusing, there was no distinction and she could actually see the emotions, in their physical form. It was in different colours. Geriel had said that each person with the same ability as hers would perceive and see in their own different way. She hadn't expected this but it wasn't a bad thing.

Her heart beat had started running a thousand miles per second as she looked around. She could see the people around her, Geriel, Charlie and Xkaltr but above their heads was a cloud, different coloured showing the emotion they were feeling. She saw that Xkaltr and Charlie had started arguing about the star trek reference Charlie had used and there was a purple cloud on top of both their heads. She eased herself inside Geriel's embrace and turned around to look at him.

There was a cloud above his head too, it was not a single colour, it was a mixture of red and pink. A beautiful blend. She raised her hand to touch the cloud. Since Geriel couldn't know what she was going to touch, his shoulders tensed, wondering what Janna might be doing. His tensed shoulders and expression soon changed into one of a confused when he saw Janna waving and tapping her hand over his head.

"Janna?"

As soon as Janna had touched the cloud over his head, the cloud colour changed to yellow. She turned her head upwards and saw hers was yellow too.

"I have no idea what you did but I feel curious and intrigued even though there is nothing new here. . ., " Geriel said as his eyebrows came together and he looked at Janna, confused why he was feeling the way he was. Something must have clicked in his mind because his eyes opened wide and he smiled.

"You did it, Janna. You influenced by emotions. You felt curious and when you touched me, the same emotion transferred into me. How about you go to the two idiots over there and try to calm them, pacify them without touching, hmm? Let's see how much you have progressed."

Janna wasn't sure what Geriel was talking about but upon hearing Charlie's and Xkaltr's voices, she turned her head towards their direction and walked. She looked back at Geledriel and the cloud had changed its colour back to violet and pink shade as Geledriel looked at her, his eyes devoid of any emotions but there was something else. She didn't know what but she was sure there was something. She just couldn't point it out. Geledriel signalled her to continue towards Charlie and Xkaltr and so she did.

She went near them.

"Clear your mind." She heard Geledriel's voice. She turned around and was shocked.

"Clear your mind and concentrate, you can do this," she heard his voice again but she was looking right at him and his lips weren't moving, not a bit. They were talking through telepathy.

Geledriel's gaze bore into hers and for some stupid reason, she blushed and quickly turned around towards Charlie and Xkaltr. She cleared her throat and then thought of wishing that they had stopped fighting. She imagined that she was touching the clouds above their heads. Suddenly, the noise stopped and she opened her eyes to see both Charlie and Xkaltr staring at her, dumbfounded and confused.

The clouds above their heads had changed its colour to one of a blue - ish, white. She heard footsteps come close and someone pat her on her head.

She looked around to see Geledriel, smiling, pleased with whatever she had done. She closed her eyes again and thought of getting out of this version of the world where she could see the emotions and when she opened her eyes a little later, the clouds had disappeared.

"Get something to eat, Xkaltr and Charlie, fetch her some boiled water with lemon grass leaves, mint, honey and cidar," Geledriel instructed and both of them, though grumbling, went away to get the stuff they were asked to get and come back.

Janna suddenly felt her vision blur and her knees lose strength, she lost her balance and just as she was about to fall on the group, strong arms gripped her and balanced her.

"Easy," Geledriel helped Janna get near a wall and then had Janna lean against the wall to sit. He took a spot next to her and just looked at her.

"Thanks, I guess," Janna smiled weakly as she gazed in Geledriel's green eyes, "You said that everyone saw emotions differently right? Well, I saw them as differently coloured clouds above everyone's heads."

"Oh, so that was what you were doing," he nodded his head.

"So far, I have understood that yellow is for curiosity, white and bluish are for calmness and purple for anger or argument. There was another colour that kept appearing on top of you. I didn't understand it."

"What colour was it?"

"Um, red and pink, it was a very beautiful, soothing blend. I tried to understand what it meant but I don't know . . . "

"Well, I can't be of much help to you but we'll head to the library to see if there are any books that discuss seeing emotions as colours."

"You do realise, Geledriel, that libraries in my world, that is the human world, do not contain such -"

"That's why we are going to my world tonight, Janna."

"Oh."

Both of them felt silent. Janna felt very tired and she yawned, her head slowly falling on Geledriel's shoulder and eyes closed. She was asleep. Her breathing slowed into a rhythmic one, soft and slow as her chest moved up and down. Geledriel sighed heavily and looked up at the sky, wondering about something, quite deeply.

953 words
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ~ Aqua ~ (UN: aqua_mantis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dark Queen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1864449-random-story/cid/2392662-She-tried-again-and-there-just-out-of-her-reac