*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Maya Ross
  2. Unknown Digidestined.
  3. Your Destiny
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876024-A-Digimon-Love-Story/cid/1839796-Maya-Ross
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1876024
Boys and Girls. Pick a story write have fun. Write a Digimon fantasy :D
This choice: Girl  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Maya Ross

    by: SirenScorch
The clock struck midnight when you noticed the fortuneteller's humble tent.


It was the only attraction that stood outside of the revelry and festive lights of the carnival's main body. While the rest of the attending crowd was more intrigued by the variety of wild rides, sugar packed snacks, and the shows performed by sword-swallowers, exotic magicians, and a fire-breathing catfish. But this small tent stood apart from the ruckus and the party and the revelry. It was illuminated only by the pale light of the full moon. The wooden sign posted at the opening of the tent invited visitors of all persuasions to enter and have their fortunes told by 'The mysterious Salazir'

You smiled and entered into the mysterious tent, stepping through the colorful curtain beads that served as an entryway. This was typical behavior of Maya Ross. Not that you were one to slink in the shadows, rather, it's typical that you leave behind the swarming crowds and launch into adventure. This characteristic, combined with the attention that follows the daughter of a rich and famous man, has made you the most popular character in Emerald City. Between the devotees that follow your personal blog, hobby projects, and various tournament matches, it's a little tough to keep secrets, but throughout the years, you've figured out how to keep some secrets in the dark. One of them stood atop a nearby ride, his body hidden by the darkness in a manner more complete than Salazir's tent.

The little you could see of this room was illuminated by the glow of a crystal ball set on top of a simple wooden table. For a second you wished you'd known that you would be entering a room like this so that you could have dressed in something slightly more elegant to match the mysterious air provided by the dim glow and mysterious statuettes and mirrors that were placed all around the man sitting behind the crystal ball. As it was, your crimson skirt, white blouse, and flashy jewelry made a stark contrast to the fortune teller's ancient aura.

He was sitting down but you could tell that he must stand at what others would consider an intimidating height. The glow of the crystal ball only cast more shadows over him, and it was impossible to see anything except for his red robe and strange hands gripping his orb. He must have been wearing strange gloves to turn those hands into what looked like black gnarled claws.

"Welcome visitor," His voice knocked you off guard and you caught yourself actually feeling a little on edge. He must have been using some kind of modulator to give his voice that deep and echoing sound. "I am the fortune teller Salazir. Are you prepared to be given a glimpse beyond the pale impression of your senses and into the cosmic phenomena that entwine and direct our everyday lives? If so, step forward now, into the light of my orb, and open your mind."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Okay, sure

*Noteb*
2. I'm actually just lost

3. No thanks

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SirenScorch (UN: sirenscorch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kashura has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876024-A-Digimon-Love-Story/cid/1839796-Maya-Ross