*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Change
  2. The Box
  3. Have Your Choice of Storylines!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876371-Body-Possession/cid/1373851-The-Change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1876371
After the accident Mark got this new and amazing power
This choice: The Change  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Change

    by: Unknown
I closed my eyes in pain thinking about what will happen to Shannon along my long journey to the ground. What will happen? Is he gonna kill her too? The ground rushes up to me and I wonder if death will be quick. The next few moments are hard to describe but once I hit the ground something strange happened. At first nothing. Black, nothing at all. But suddenly I feel a great pain on my back as if something is being ripped apart from the inside.So this is how death feels I think, as the pain intensifies but all of a sudden it stops and the whole forests envelops around me once again. I look around in confusion to see the cliff towering above me. "But... I'm suppose to be dead" and I look at the ground to see my clothes and backpack but without my body! I look upon my hands to see my hands but not really. In replace of my usual hands are transparent hands with a blue tint and the first though that comes to mind is that I must be a ghost. How did this happen? And it doesn't make any sense at all that my body hasnt been left behind when I died.

Suddenly I realize that Shannon is still in danger. I suddenly find my self floating upwards and I mutter to my self "This day can't get any weirder". I fly up as fast as I can as the sun sets and I finally reach above the cliff and the first thing I hear is Shannon sobbing. "Aww whats wrong" Joe laughs at her ", he's not your boyfriend or anything" as he approaches her. "Get away from me you MONSTER!" she screams as she stumbles and falls to the floor again and Joe grabs her and says "You won't be getting away from me. You should have listened to your friend, don't trust strangers" he whispers into her airs. I see Shannon flailing trying to get free and Joe pins her to the ground and snickers "I'lll be enjoying you all night" and Shannon wails as tears are pouring out of her eyes.

I fly towards Joe and Shannon and shout at Joe "Get off her you freak" and of course no response. I take a gulp or rather a ghostly gulp and I motion to push Joe off Shannon ass he puts his full force on her arms and legs to restrain her. Upon pushing Joe, instead of him being pushed apart from Shannon I see my arms go straight through Joe like thin air and I sign "I'm a ghost, I can't physically move things around" but as I said this I felt a warm feeling coursing through my arms that the rest of my body didn't feel. My hands felt warm as if I had real hands again while the rest of my body felt cold and not covered. What happens Shannon screamed as Joe began to unbutton her and rage welled up within me. I jumped onto Joe thinking I can pry him off, but instead I fly forwards into him without anything stopping me.

All of a sudden I gasp as as everything changes around me. I feel warm again unlike before and I jump in surprise to find Shannon whimpering beneath me as I find my arms pinning her down to the ground. "Oh my god" I say and Shannon looks up at me confused for a moment but tears wells up into her eyes again as she tries to flail underneath me. "Shannon" I say but I hear Joe's voice instead and I look quickly behind me anticipating Joe to clobber me but no one is there except the setting sun. Wheres Joe I think and Shannon sobs underneath me. Why am I holding Shannon down? I let Shannon go and I say "Shannon..." but instead Joe's voice is the only thing I hear. "Oh my gosh" I mumble as Shannon quickly gets up trying to run away. "Shannon wait" and she yells back at me screaming "MONSTER" but before she could get away I grabbed her wrist and pleaded "Wait Shannon its me Mark!".

Shannon looked at me confusingly and I continued "Shannon please wait this is gonna be difficult to explain but its me Mark! Remember that time when we were kids and when I well... peed my pants in class? You were the only one who didnt laugh at me and ever since that day we were the bested of friends ever since". The eyes in Shannon opened in shock and fluttered and she fell to the ground and as if the winds blew her off her feet. I grabbed hold of her before she fell to the ground and I laid her down gently not sure what to do next. I look upon my shaking hands to see my usual hands have been replaced by Joe's rougher and larger hands. "Oh god this can't get any stranger" I mutter and I hear Joe's voice leave my mouth. I shake my head in confusion as I look down upon my body to see Joe's larger frame with his dirtied clothes replacing my once clean clothes. I look at my new arms to see larger arms corded with muscles and I think I never stood a chance against Joe in a fight.

I look down at Shannon and I sigh "Well at least you're safe now Shannon".

I turn down the flames as the food for dinner is about ready, and I look into the sunset thinking if this is all a dream. How can I be a different person? Its not humanly possible! I go into Shannon's backpack and find her mirror and I fish it out and I peer into the mirror and gasp. The situation begins to settle in as I look into the green sea foam colored eyes that I never owned and instead of the face that I have grown up for the past 17 years I see it replaced by a mid twenty year old guys face that murdered me. Raising my hand to Joe's face I pinch my self and wince from the pain and I sigh realizing that I am not dreaming. Taking another look into the mirror I notice many features I have never noticed before and I guess its because its my face now. I place my hand through the short light brown hair on Joe's head and I feel a slight itch along his jawline as his new facial hair is growing in. "This is too weird... I just grew 10 years older than what I really am and I am not even in my own body..." I sigh sitting by the campfire we started before all this weird stuff happen.

Looking into the flames I think about if I will ever get to go back to my normal life but I snap this depressing though in my mind by distracting my self with something else to do. "Well if I'm Joe now then I guess all his belongings is mine" I chuckle slightly while grabbing his hiking bag and bringing it closer to the fire. I unzip Joe's or rather my bag and I empty all its content onto the floor. Some food and water and alot of the essential hiking equipment. I gasp at the gun that is laying on the floor as I tentatively pick it off the floor and look at it for closer inspection. "Well Joe you're a violent one aren't you" I say. I empty out the bullets in the gun for good measures and I put it back into the bag.

I look back into the fire just thinking about everything that has happened when Shannon moans and raises from her sleep. "Ugh I had this worst nightmare" she moaned and I reply in the nicest way possible "Shannon I know what you're think but its me Mark! You can ask me any questions and I'll answer them", Shannon becomes wide eyed and mumbles "Oh my gosh this isn't a dream... Its ok Jo- Mark.... I trust you... Despite all this supernatural thing going on I noticed the whole change in the mentality... well when I guess when you took control..." and she sighed ", I can't even believe I'm talking about this".

"Trust me Shannon this isn't any easier on me than its for you" I sigh ", I mean imagine dieing and then possessing the guy who killed you because he is about to hurt your best friend. Its mind blowing", We both sat in silence for a bit until I asked "Lets eat. I guess Joe worked up a big appetite and we both laugh almost like the old times. Eating the stew filled with vegetables and spices brought me back to old time and before we knew it the pot was empty. "Wow Mark you ate ALOT more than you would usually eat... But I guess thats only because Joe's body is so much bigger than yours". "Yeah I guess but your stew was really great I'll make something for you next time"

"Mark.." Shannon sighed "How did this all happen? What gave you the power to possess someone? And what are we gonna do about it? The problems keep on emerging one after another and its hurting my head...". I walk over to Shannon and kneel down next to her and I take her hand but she winces and takes it away but I whisper "Shannon its ok its me I know its hard to get use too..." and this time she let me hold her hand. "We'll figure out what happened tomorrow, and we'll go fetch all my stuff on the bottom of the cliff but its too late now so lets take a deep breath and calm down". "I guess so... but this stuff is like what comes out of a sci-fi show, lets just go to sleep and figure things out tomorrow"

We both head into our own two small tents and I lay down in my sleeping bag thinking if I will ever be able to live a normal life again. Before drifting off to sleep I also thought what would happen if I am stuck in Joe's body forever.... I would probably be arrested by the police for some sort of trouble Joe go him self in and the thought really scares me. I yawn and stretch in my sleeping bag and I close my eyes into a deep sleep away from all the problems that faced me today and will face me tomorrow....

You have the following choice:

1. The Next Day

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Smith1990 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876371-Body-Possession/cid/1373851-The-Change