*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Box
  2. Have Your Choice of Storylines!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876371-Body-Possession/cid/1373609-The-Box
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1876371
After the accident Mark got this new and amazing power
This choice: An adventure with two friends  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Box

    by: Unknown
"Wow this is amazing" Shannon exclaimed while I struggled my way up the steep slope. "Mark come quick, its amazing up here" she shouted down to me and I looked up to see a laughing smile spread upon her face. "Wait one second" I grunted checking my footing on each rock to make sure that I don't fall down. With each passing step I feel the rays of the sun beat onto my skin until I finally reach the peak of the cliff with Shannon by my side. I gasp as the view that is below me, endless miles after miles of the untapped wilderness faraway from the usual buildings that replaces the wilderness. A refreshing gush of wind tingles my skin and I grasp my canteen of water and gulp down some water from all the hiking it took to get up to this cliff.

"Its amazing isn't it" Shannon said as she laid down and unpacked her things getting ready for lunch. "I can be here forever" she smiled and I replied "Yeah its amazing isn't it" as I take a bite out of a sandwich and I continue ", much better than all of lifes drama" and she nodded in agreement. I took another bite out of my roasted chicken sandwich brushed with lemon juice when Shannon yelled "Oh my gosh" horror spreading across her face. She pointed into the sky and I looked up to see an airplane ablaze coming right above our head until it crashed into the forests below far away from the cliff. "Oh my gosh" Shannon gasped while we both look at the blaze of the crash lighting up the distance. Suddenly the silence of the forest was broken again when a small metal box fell right next to us by the cliff. We both looked up in to the sky in hesitation and once we knew the coast was clear we walked over to the small metal box and examined it. "This must have belonged to the plane" I said picking up the box. I rotated the box in my hand to feel a heavy duty but light weight box which is locked. A small crack appeared unto the box but nothing significant to pry it open and I look at Shannon saying "I wonder whats inside".

"Who cares whats inside" Shannon replied ", a plane just crashed and you're curious whats inside the box" and she looked back to the destruction far away into the forest. "I'm sure help will come Shannon, lets just finish out lunch and see what happens" and Shannon replied with a sigh as we both sat back down and ate out lunch. We sat in silence not sure what to say until we saw multiple helicopters come out from the other side of the valley as people slid down a rope to the crash below. "See Shannon they have things under control" and she sighed "I guess so".

"Well then why not lets go to that waterfall" I said trying to brighten her mood and she looked up at me and smiled "Sure".

Walking through the woods was was a calming break from all the action that happened a while ago as Shannon and I casually talked down to the waterfall. "Hello there!" a man shouts from behind us and we turn around to see a man running from behind us. "Thank god I finally found someone" the strange panted "I've been lost for two days and I thought I was going to die out here until I found you guys" he gave a bright smile. I looked at him suspiciously while he talked. A mid aged man, he seems to have camping equipment with him but his attire seemed a bit rugged and dirty and I pushed my suspicion to the side for now and greeted him and said "Hello whats your name?" and he replied "Its Joe". "Well Joe if you walk into the direction over there you'll end up in the Visitors center in about a hour or two" and he nodded and sighed "You think I can stick with you guys for a while? I need some time to rest and eat if you don't mind sharing some food and all. I rolled my eyes thinking how I was suppose to spend this time with Shannon and Shannon brightly replied "Sure, we are actually heading down to the waterfall now so you're most welcome to come join us".

"Great" he smiled ",I wouldnt know what I would do if I never found you guys".

While walking down to the waterfall, Joe asked "So what are you guys? Boyfriend Girlfriend?" and Shannon laughed "Nope we're just the best of friends since our childhood" and he laughed "Thats awesome". I looked away in jealousy and sadness and I just wanted this guy to leave already. The roar of the waterfall came into ear shot and we finally saw it come into the distance. "Wow this is awesome" Joe exclaimed as we settled down by the river and enjoyed the summery breeze. We all jumped into the water enjoying the crisp feeling after being out in the heat for so long. "So Joe where do you live?" Shannon said and he replied "I'm actually from the East coast and I'm on vacation how about you guys?" and I reply "We live around here".

We continue to enjoy the scenery making little chit chat here and there and Joe said to Shannon "You're cute" and she giggled and said "You're too". This flared my anger and I said coldly "Hey dude back off you're acting like your her boyfriend" and he laughed "Whats the problem man just complimenting your friend and its not like you guys are in a relationship" and Shannon laughed "Its all just for fun Mark calm down". "What ever" I reply and I walk out of the river. As the sun went down we left the waterfall and Shannon asked "Hey Joe why dont you stick with us for the night? We're only camping until tomorrow and you minus stick around so we can guide you back out of the park. "Sure thing" he said and all I can think about was how Joe seemed like just another guy who wants to take advantage of a girl. "I know this great spot" Joe said its by the cliff follow me and as we followed him I ask "So Joe you're lost but you know where the cliff is".

"Mark" Shannon exclaimed ", leave him alone, gosh you can be such a pain sometimes" and Joe said "No no its fine Shannon" and he walked over to me "Hey man lets be friends I didn't mean anything about earlier, friends?" and I sighed "Sure".

When we reached the cliff it was the same one we came from earlier and he said this is great spot. We sorted out our stuff and I watched as Joe helped us with all the coking and setting the tents up and I said "Joe I'm sorry about earlier you really seem to be a good guy" and he replied "No its my fault man".

Before dinner was set Joe looked out onto the cliff while Shannon was sorting the dishes out that I decided I should show the box to Joe just to be friendly. I put my backpack to my side and walked over to him and said "Joe I have something pretty cool to show you" and he said "Oh really". "It came out of the sky from earlier" as I went through my backpack but suddenly I felt my self picked up from behind and heard him laugh "You know I always hated the smarter ones" as he lunged me off the cliff. I heard Shannon scream while I flew to the ground below me and all I can think was what was he going to do to Shannon.

You have the following choice:

1. The Change

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Smith1990 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1876371-Body-Possession/cid/1373609-The-Box