*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Last Flight
  2. The beggining
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1884118-Shrunken-in-English-Class/cid/1399823-Last-Flight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1884118
You are shrunken in English class and need to get help to survive.
This choice: Hide in the purse  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Last Flight

    by: Neon
The clock was ticking. Quite literally, in fact. At your size, all sounds were amplified manyfold, including the hands of the clock, which hung high above you like a distant sun. The ticking was maddening, and the room was fraught with distractions, but you knew you had to focus. With just thirty seconds left until class ended, it was do or die. About twenty bored classmates leaving the room after class was already chaotic enough when you were normal-sized, but at your current "disadvantage" you could easily be trampled by the ensuing stampede. The purse plan had to work, right? Okay, so maybe you thought the texting idea was gold when it'd actually turned out to be a flop, but you knew this was definitely a surefire way to make sure you didn't lose Alyssa. That gigantic purse was the last flight off an island doomed by a tsunami, as far as you were concerned.

Sure enough, your hunch was correct. She was reaching down to put one of her pencils back into the purse. Now was your chance! Feeling a rush of energy you never knew you possessed, you charged headlong toward the monolithic bag, almost unable to skid to a halt before crashing into it. So this was what true adrenaline felt like. The purse was slumped over in your direction, leaving a relatively easy and direct path to the lip from where you had just begun climbing. After a good thirty seconds of scampering, you found yourself just shy of the top as the shrill school bell rang out, sending a jolt through your body that froze you. Alyssa was about to take off, and you weren't safely inside her purse yet! As you crane your neck to look up, you start to curse your awful luck as you notice how much ground you still have to cover. How could you already be out of time?!

It hadn't dawned on you how truly objective the rest of the world was to your plight. This wasn't some movie where last minute escapes were always handed out to the protagonist. You had to make your own luck. Alyssa, still blissfully unaware of the fact that she was her shrunken friend's only hope for survival, absentmindedly began to scoop up her purse, slinging the strap over her arm as you desperately scampered up the last few remaining inches. A purely instinctual leap landed you right on the lip of the purse, and to that you clung for dear life as the entire purse lifted off from the ground like a space shuttle. Although your grip was solid, there was no way you were going to be able to hold on now that your unwitting savior was going to be carrying her bag and jostling it around. As gravity reeled you in, all you could see was the yawning mouth of the purse displaying its inky black recesses.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neon (UN: etcetera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Exodiac has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1884118-Shrunken-in-English-Class/cid/1399823-Last-Flight