*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A little league team
  2. Welcome to Pearson Town
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1897391-Generation-XL/cid/1857295-A-little-league-team
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1897391
An entire generation of boys are about to grow bigger than the last one!
This choice: A little league team  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A little league team

    by: silverquill
The Pearson City Giants weren't what you'd call the winningest team in the league, but they still managed to hold their own against some of the tougher clubs in the state. Given the fact that the boys on the team were still only 12 years old and from different backgrounds, it was amazing to see them work together to play the best game they could. Since the average height of each boy on the team was only about 5' even meant that they had to run a little faster, jumping a little higher, and swing a little harder to score in an average game. However, today everyone would find out - teammates and parents included - that this would be no 'average' game.

As the boys took the field and the umpire called out "Play Ball", everyone from team catcher Joey, to pitcher Ryan and all of the outfielders expected this game to be just another shut-out going up against their cross-town rivals the Hampton Hooligans. While each member of the opposing team was around the same age as the Giants, they were actually about 4 to 5" taller than them, and a lot more muscular. This always seemed to guarantee the Giants would get the short end of the stick as they were outrun, outhit, and generally outmatched by their bigger opponents. That is until a strange phenomenon began to occur in the dugout.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 silverquill (UN: blinkereye123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Big Boy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1897391-Generation-XL/cid/1857295-A-little-league-team