*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Amy knocked then left.
  2. The start of a journey.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1904691-Starmage-Academy-Feat-The-Witch/cid/1556901-Amy-knocked-then-left
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1904691
An interactive story about a magic school in Scotland. 1000 GP's for adds! RWBY crossover!
This choice: Amy knocked then left.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Amy knocked then left.

    by: jlionheart
No one again. The corridor empty, the stone beneath pale and withdrawn. These were the kind of games Amy liked to play. Now she would be hiding around the corner, watching Ryan's reaction with inscrutable eyes. There were things he liked to keep private, other things that needed to be kept hidden, and at times, Ryan suspected that Amy Don was reaching for ways to draw him away from those items, those secrets -- that this was no mere girl's foolish, flirtatious play.

Then again, she would often smile at him over a book, or nudge him during a lesson, and wasn't it all in flirtatiousness? Weren't those eyes perfect pools of sincerity?

Now he seemed to hear her feet scuffing the flagstones, and so peered further out, intent on catching her looking, when again a nudge, and she appeared from the opposite side instead, smiling brightly, with those painful pools of sincerity glistening.

They were eyes she often used to great effect, though they had always had less of an impact on Ryan than she'd privately hoped. He was an odd bird, this one.

Even now, his eyes were rankling. "Well?" he said.

"They say you're a fast one," she intoned, raising a clenched fist. "But that you hide it from your own and bestest roommate." She smiled. "That if I held a handful of fireflies, and let them suddenly seek their own way, you could catch the whole in a handful of your own, and return them to me."

Ryan sighed at the theatrics. "Well?" he said again.

The pools glimmered. "Well, I have such a handful, see?. And I will bet you one kiss that you cannot catch them all."

"I might not like the prize."

"You will," she threatened.

He sighed again.

"Ready?"

Another sigh.

She opened her hand, and the bugs, rendered sterile and almost invisible by the daylight, streamed out. Ryan moved into the corridor, shutting the door behind him.

"Well?" she demanded triumphantly.

Ryan sighed again, then held his right hand, which was clenched into a fist, close to Amy's ear. The buzzing of the maddened, though unharmed, insects was quite audible. Quite, he thought, yes, quite. Her sincere eyes narrowed to hardened points.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/3...

"Well, I guess there's just the matter of my reward now," he sighed tiredly.

She snorted. "Says you. I bet you a kiss that you couldn't catch them all. But you DID catch them all. So."

"So?!"

"So you get nothing."

Then she swished the tail of her skirt haughtily behind and went jauntily on her way with her handful of bugs (though not without another backward, inscrutable glance at Ryan's suddenly infuriated face).

"Semantics!" he yelled. "Is that the game you play now?!"


You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Ryan Follows Amy

2. Back in the Room

*Noteb*
3. Semantics, Amy Going her way

4. A Crowded Corridor

5. A Violent Intrusion

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 jlionheart (UN: jlionheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
deus001 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1904691-Starmage-Academy-Feat-The-Witch/cid/1556901-Amy-knocked-then-left