*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Beginning of a change
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1913557-A-Wolfs-beginning/cid/1695259-Beginning-of-a-change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by K9-wuv
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1913557
A different kind of wolf transformation story.
Chapter #1

Beginning of a change

    by: K9-wuv
Today was supposed to be just like a normal day. I get up, go to school, come home and stress about tests that happen every year' My life was like a routine that way' So let me tell you what really happened. I started my day waking up by my alarm that I set every night. *Beep beep beep!* Yawning, I rubbed my eyes. Then, I went to the bathroom to take a shower' I was washing my body when I had noticed that something was wrong with the texture of my nose. I rubbed it a couple of times to make sure I didn't mistake it from anything else in the shower, but to my amazement, it was my nose!! "Oh my God!" It felt a little bumpy, but it was really soft, like it was wet even without the water from the shower... I wanted to finish at that moment, but I was too worried that I wouldn't smell as good as everyone else. You may think that's not much of a big deal, but my natural odor smells... unnatural. Somehow it makes me think back to when I walked home when I was in the third grade. I would always attract some animals while I walked, but I noticed as I got older that most of the animals that I attracted were dogs'
It didn't bother me, but when it was raining, they always smelled off... Like me now. Just like how I didn't mind much about the animals following me, I didn't mind their smell. Anyway, back to my problem, I started having this after I reached puberty. In fact my smell wasn't even the only thing that changed about me. My hair also seemed a little different, a little courser than my birth hair. My appetite changed as well, but not too drastically. I ate a little meatier than I usually did back when I was a kid. My parents didn't say anything though, they acted like it was totally normal. And even when I confronted them about the smell, they told me that it was a family problem' 'Great' I thought. Once finished from the shower, I grabbed my clothes and changed. In my house, I just have my mom and dad. In fact, I grew up knowing them as my only family, but I heard that other people had different relatives like uncles, aunts, and grandparents. You can imagine my curiosity got the best of me, and I asked them about it.
"Honey, I know that your friends and other classmates of yours talk about their relatives, but we just don't have that." I looked down, but looked back up just in time to see my dad shake a bit. It got me thinking if I hurt him. My mom looked just as sad' Maybe we did have those types of relatives, but there was some major event that made it unbearable to talk about. I didn't ask again' I didn't want to see my parents look so sad anymore. As I finished changing I went downstairs for breakfast. I was starving, but something was more different about today' "Um' Good morning?" My dad was reading the newspaper as usual, but his sleeves showed hair that seemed a little thicker poking out. He noticed my gaze and quickly covered them up. "Uh so, uh' Got any tests coming up?" Great' Now I'm thinking about the biggest test of the year' He killed it for me. "Pshhhh yeah' I've been studying so much, but I feel like I'm still gonna fail." "Now I know my little cub scout won't fail something that she's worked so hard on!" Mom came in with a big plate and kissed my forehead.
Beside the already huge plate of breakfast meat, was a little bit more meat and some eggs. "Uhhh' Mom?" Mom looked at my questionable stare and realized how unusual the food was. "Oh! Uh, I'm sorry hun, I just couldn't help myself'" My dad looked uneasy and quickly cut in. "It's quite all right love, I actually am quite starved." When he said starved, a feeling deep inside me seemed to stir. I swallowed and began to slowly reach for the plate. When I blinked there was a lot less meat on the plate. My eyes widened in amazement as the starving sensation was gone! My parents looked at each other in a worried state, but of course I didn't notice. I was trying to figure out how I just went from starving to just a bit hungry. I was gonna try and put this whole morning behind me by reaching for some sausages. At the same time, my dad reached for some as well. Usually I would wait for him to get some first, but this time, something inside me became a little more protective of the sausages. A rumble started building in my chest. It caught me by surprise and the rumble immediately stopped.
"Young lady?! What was that?!" I looked at dad thinking that he was playing one of his games, or confused, but as I saw his expression. I looked down' "Nothing! I swear! I have no idea where that came from! I'm sorry dad'" I could feel myself blushing' What was wrong with me?! Mom and dad walked in another room. Remembering that I had to leave now for the bus, "I have to go guys, bye!" I left with my backpack, but my parents had not heard my goodbye and were talking about something important. Since they hadn't heard me, they kept arguing quietly. "Love, you know that we can't keep this from her any longer. For some reason, the faith is not as great as it once was!" My dad nodded. "You're right' Let's tell her right now before anything else can happen. They nodded once more and left. "Cub scout!!?!? We need to tell you something' Do you have a minute?" Realizing they were too late, they called their jobs off and decided to wait for me to get home. At school, it was pretty uneventful, which I was thankful for, but, there was a close call. That rumble came back'
It was gym and I was actually doing pretty good. My running could last for a few minutes more than I normally could! It was a little surprising, and I started to think back to this morning. I started feeling flush so I hid in the bleachers. My friend caught me and ran to my side. "Reeyu, whats wrong?" My friend was always there for me ever since grade school. She always knew when I was upset. "Oh Mik' I was so weird this morning!!" Mickie was always someone who I could talk to. "It was like I was a whole different person! This morning my dad and I reached for the same meat on the breakfast plate, and I swear I started to growl!" Mik seemed to be snickering. "This is serious Mik! I swear there is something wrong with me!" the grumble built in my chest again and then stopped' Mik got serious and her face showed it. "Well' Maybe it's just a fluke, or maybe it's a sign." I looked down. Fluke? Yeah, it just has to be a fluke' there couldn't be another explanation! Back at home, which I had no idea was going on at the time, my parents were having a problem. My dad and mom felt like they were waiting an eternity.
"Love, I know that we agreed to tell her today, but what if the faith grows a little and things go back to normal? I mean, you never know if another kid starts believing in those wolves tales." Mother shook her head. "You know that our kind have been hiding since the dame wars, and the ones that chose to go far back to their roots forgot who they were." A growl built from father's chest. "It could happen Dalyn! I know that those children stories like Little Red Ridding Hood stifle their faith, but I know that they will believe! I know that some of our kind decided to go a different way, but that doesn't mean that we can lose faith in them either." Mother lowered her head and turned around. " Hun' Do you miss those old times? Feasts were greater back then, and it didn't matter how much money we made. As long as we were all together, things would turn out fine'" She sighed thinking back to her young life. Father came to her side and kissed her neck. Mother sighed again and then felt another type of kiss she hadn't felt in a long time. They knew that there was still time before I would come home, so they went in their room.

You have the following choices:

1. Back with Reyun

*Noteb*
2. Continue with Reyun's parents

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 K9-wuv (UN: k9-wuv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
K9-wuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1913557-A-Wolfs-beginning/cid/1695259-Beginning-of-a-change