*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Break Room Business
  2. Saying Goodbye
  3. Office Crowding
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933610-Office-fatty/cid/1881205-Break-Room-Business
by clutch
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1933610
The women at Gordge inc. are getting fat. With the office lifestyle pounds pile on!
This choice: Courtney's first week as the new boss  •  Go Back...
Chapter #58

Break Room Business

    by: Bobo the Hobo
It didn’t take long for Courtney to implement some much-needed changes around the office. After Jenna’s announcement of her departure Courtney quickly had a suggestion box installed outside the break room with a little notepad and a pen nearby, encouraging her soon-to-be subordinates to scribble out some ways that they felt the office could be improved. Nobody really took that kind of thing seriously—they’d had a suggestion box before, and nothing ever got done—and it was mostly just forgotten about.

But when the construction crew arrived, everyone changed their tune quickly.

Everyone was kicked out of the break room for a week, unable to do so much as look in the doorway. They were forced to suffer through long hours of noisy construction, stay cramped up in their cubicles, and were blocked off from the coffee machine, refrigerator, and the communal vending machine. Everyone had to go out for lunch every day for a week—leading to lots of empty wallets. Courtney assured everyone that the renovations would be worth it, and even rewarded their patience by caving into the high demand for a second lunch break.

Finally, just when it was about to become to much, the construction suddenly stopped. They had all left at five ‘o’ clock the day before and came back to a quiet workspace for what seemed like the first time in forever. There were no big burly men swinging construction supplies around, no hard rock radio drowning out their Cass and Marni, there wasn’t so much as a waft of beer burp to darken their morning. Instead, it was quiet—almost eerily so.

“Hrm.” Christina crinkled her brow curiously as she waddled through the front door, lumbering down the hall towards the break room, “That’s weird…”

Nobody was there! Every day for the last week it seemed like there was at least one big sweaty guy clogging up the hallway and giving her an eyeball over, but now only emptiness. In fact, the only proof that those guys had been there at all was the significantly wider door—painted to resemble its predecessor, though the little window that saw inside had been removed.

Christina looked around anxiously. Was anybody else here? Was her ordeal finally over? Could she use the break room again? The overfed office girl outstretched a plump sausage-y arm and twisted the doorhandle, wincing at the loudness of the new tumbler and hinges. Surely nobody would care if she took a little sneak peek, right? How much farther could the crew have to go before they were done anyway? It was just her getting accustomed to where she—and the other ladies, of course!—were going to be spending their lunches, nothing more nothing less. It wasn’t like she was being… sneaky, or anything right?

Closing her eyes, Christina pushed the door inward and took a step inside. She fumbled around the wall for the familiar lightswitch. Instead of the peg-like switch she’d grown accustomed to, Christina found a little shape on the wall. She slowly slid it upwards, the lights growing brighter the further she pushed it up—a dimmer switch! That was sorta cool, she guessed.

However once fully illuminated (to a level which Christie found comfortable of course) the true nature of the wondrous renovations were made known. The entire room had doubled in size somehow, with the familiar tables being spread around more comfortably instead of pressed tightly against the wall. The walls had been repainted to a more modern two-tone blue design and the floor hand been retiled in a sleek black and white, the cabinets and counters having been redone in a similarly modern style. The vending machine had been coupled with a sister vendor, alike in every way except in that Christina could tell that the duller one was the original.

Christina took another step inside, looking around in wonder at the completely changed room. It felt… warmer, somehow. Wait, there was an air vent in there—Courtney had an AC unit installed, and it was running heat full blast! Christina couldn’t help but smile as she gleefully took off her coat, resting it on a new coatrack. She waddled over to the counters to find three microwaves instead of their usual two, with two sister Starbucks coffee machines sitting side by side ready for use! Were those—no, they couldn’t have been. Courtney hadn’t possibly gotten them—

“You like the blenders?” a surly tone took Christina by surprise, “Were you the one who asked for those, or was that Vicky?”

Christina whipped around much quicker than a girl of her size should have been able to, an action that caused her stomach to sway destructively over to the far left side. Her heart jumped out of her chest as her breathing took a sudden spike.

“Courtney!” she called out a little louder than she would have liked, “Oh my God, you scared me!”

Their new Branch Manager had taken to her position very kindly. While Courtney never had any problems keeping herself clothed professionally beforehand, since her promotion she had been indulging a bit in her outfits. A tailor-made business suit that could have easily been tailor-made for a hippopotamus was draped neatly over her great expanse; her blimpy body colored black with little pink pinstripes running up and down her vicious curves. A pink blouse collar popped out of the jacket, the sleeves visible as Courtney’s bingo wings stretched its arms to the point of distortion. Her smile swam in a sea of her second chin as she tottered forward, her heavy footsteps much louder than Christina’s.

“Well serves you right for spoiling the surprise.” Courtney joked, “What do you think? Do you like it?”

“It’s… it’s great!” Christie said emphatically, “How… how did you make it so big in here?!”

“Well I just asked the crew to knock out a wall. We stopped using that old meeting room once Jenna took over, so it was just kinda there and we just kinda needed the space.” Courtney said nonchalantly, leaning on a nearby table to support her supreme heaviness, “Seriously, I’ve been working here for years and I finally just got sick and tired of not being able to move in this freakin’ room.”

Christina watched as Courtney’s great gut heaved up and down with her labored breath. She was getting out of breath from the sheer labor of just standing—Christina was surprised something like this hadn’t happened sooner, given how long Courtney had been so big…

“Well it looks great, really.” Christie said excitedly, “Where’d you get the money for all this?”

“Jenna put a little aside before she left, and I just kinda… found the rest of it, if you can believe that.” Courtney said with a shrug of her meaty shoulders, sending her massive mams up and down with them, “I've got a lot more ideas that I'd like to try out; finding some time for a few more breaks for you guys, mini-fridges in your cubicles, all kinds of stuff. But for now I figured, hey, why not start off me being the boss on my best leg, right?”

“I’ll say.” Christina said with one last cursory glance of the break room, “So can I…um…”

“Get some coffee?” Courtney said with a smile as she waddled forward, “Sure you can. Just… um… help me take off my jacket first?”
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bobo the Hobo (UN: psuedophobic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
clutch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933610-Office-fatty/cid/1881205-Break-Room-Business