*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Fire or lightning?
  2. He plays with the elements.
  3. Tex.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2699844-Fire-or-lightning
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: Fire or lightning?  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Fire or lightning?

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
Not wanting to risk setting the house on fire with anything too bold, Tex decided the best way to introduce you to the family's secret was to simply show you his spark. Only, upon igniting it into his hand, it became a harmless flame. This confused him but it had the desired reaction. You let out a low scream and freaked but not in the way Tex had calculated you would. "Don't panic, bro!" you yelled, gabbing his hand. "I got this under control!"

You grabbed a throw off of the couch and began to try to smother the flame in Tex's hand, causing him to giggle. "Relax, Jess, it's okay." Amused, he said. "I'm not on fire, I'm a chaotic scientist and what I showed you, or tried to show you was my spark." He gave a rueful smile. "Only it turned into a flame... I guess I need more practice."

You looked at your brother as if he had lost his mind but then pulled the throw away from his hand and watched the seemingly harmless flame burn in is palm. "I thought you were... in trouble." you muttered, blushing.

Tex shook his head, remembering your motherly protective nature. "I'm sorry I scared you, sis." Softly, he said. "But it's important for me to point out that only the boys in our family can work chaotic science, girls can not." He chuckled. "Unless we change you into a boy."

Tex did not want to tell you that you had a power of your own but he had no idea what it was and did not wish to be pressed for answers he did not have. You gave him a startled look then looked at the flame again, becoming curious.

"Cool." Intrigued, you whispered. "You said that only boys can do this, right?"

Tex nodded. "As far as I understand it, you have the potential but its asleep inside of you." Serious, he said. "Becoming a boy will 'wake it up'."

Then, you surprised Tex by asking...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2699844-Fire-or-lightning