*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Subject to change.
  2. James.
  3. It begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2878288-Subject-to-change
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: Changes the subject.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Subject to change.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
James gulped then gave a slight smile. "It's something dad wanted to talk to you about later and trust me when I say he will frown upon me telling you that much."

You sighed. "Dad and his everything in its own time rule..." Frowning, you grumbled.

James chuckled. "At least you know it won't be a secret forever." Calmly, he said. "You know dad as well as I do... patience is key in everything."

"Yeah, I know." Pouting, you said.

The conversation then shifted to life at home while James was away including your twin bother, Tex having a crush on Tonya Holmes. James pointed out your crush on Jack Stone which quickly moved you to change the subject. "Welcome back, we missed you." Smiling, you said.

"I missed you all too." Smiling back, James replied.

Later that evening, you had a talk with Tonya over doing homework. "Sorry I'm a little late for study time." Sitting down, you said. "James returned from where ever he was all year this afternoon."

Tonya nodded. "So, how is he doing?" Curious, she asked. "The same dull egg head we knew and loved?"

You giggled at that. "He's a lot more buff and better groomed than I remember him being." Smiling, you said. "Still, there is something weird about it all."

Tonya grinned. "Well him going from thin and geeky to buff and meaty would raise a few eyebrows." Grinning, she said. "Maybe he met someone... a certain lovely lady while away on his journey of enlightenment."

You smiled. "Maybe... he won't say where he went or what he did except that it's something dad wants to talk to me about later."

Tonya laughed. "You should have been born a guy." Teasing, she said. "When you consider how close you two are..."

"You're hilarious, Tonya." Teasing back, you countered. "If that had happened, you would have fallen for me instead of Tex..."

"Maybe..." Winking, Tonya said. She then turned serious. "Before I forget, there was a water main break that left the school flooded just hours after it let out so..."

"School is cancelled... we get a long weekend." Smiling, you said.

You slept well that night, knowing you had an extra day to relax. You woke up the next morning felling somehow off, strange. You felt heavier but stronger as if you had suddenly grown a few inches. Curious, you looked in the mirror and screamed. The reflection staring back at you is a teenage boy!

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. James rushes in.

*Noteb*
2. 'Jessica' rushes in, you are now Tex!

*Noteb*
3. dad walks in.

*Noteb*
4. your choice.

*Noteb*
5. you decide.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2878288-Subject-to-change