*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946120-One-Life-for-Rent/cid/1640313-The-beginning
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1946120
Magic and Science merge to allow people take a vacation with someone else's identity.
Chapter #1

The beginning

    by: CassieG
Lisa tried not to fidget in the waiting room of The Nexus while other people were checking in. She'd gotten the call a few hours ago that someone had selected her, and would be renting her life, but there had been no other information with the phone call. Those things, they had said, would be discussed when she arrived. Scanning the lobby, she wondered if any of the people checking in were clients, and if one of them was a client she'd be renting her life to.

The first person she spotted was an older gentleman, somewhere around her father's age, or maybe a little younger. He wore a business suit in a way that proclaimed his importance to the world. Everything about him said 'money,' from the well tailored fit of his suit to the expensive Rolex watch on his wrist. His once dark hair showed the signs of fading to a steely gray, but he wore it in a way that said 'distinguished' far more than it said 'old.'

Next to the older man, a younger career woman in her late twenties or early thirties stood, working her way through the mountain of paperwork with methodical precision. She had clearly come straight from work, and her simple skirt hugged her thick thighs and full rear end in a way that managed to be sexy while still being professional. Her blouse showed a hint of impressive cleavage, but not nearly enough to invite comments about dress code.

Several other people bustled around the reception counter at the far end, at least one of whom appeared to be a mother, trying desperately to reign in her three children while processing paperwork. Also at the far end, a woman who's every inch shouted: Stripper. From the platform heel shoes, to the micro mini skirt and the overly large fake breasts, very little about the woman was not on display. Lisa wondered if she was here as a client, or to rent out her own life.

Further musing was interrupted however when a side door opened and a young woman dressed in scrubs called: "Lisa, we're ready for you to come back."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 CassieG (UN: cassiegold at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
CassieG has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946120-One-Life-for-Rent/cid/1640313-The-beginning