*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1956317-Sasuke-Uchiha-Hypno-Harem/cid/1674603-Between-the-Uchiha-Massacre-and-the-Mission-in-
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1956317
Sasuke's always talked about restoring his clan. Now he puts his mouth where his money is.
This choice: Between the Uchiha Massacre and the Mission in Wave  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Between the Uchiha Massacre and the Mission in ...

    by: EvilFuzzy9
Pain. Ache. Throb.

Sasuke's head hurt.

Sear. Stab. Thud.

Why did it hurt?

"You are weak."

Brother? What are you doing? Why are Mom and Dad on the floor?

"You are weak, because you lack hatred."

Why are you holding that sword? Why is it covered in blood?

"Run. Run, and live in an unsightly manner.."

Why did you kill them, Brother?!

"I did it to test the limits of my ability. But they were too weak. They were not a true test. You, my little brother... You must become stronger. There is a certain shrine, near a certain river in the compound... Go there, and you shall learn the secret of the Uchiha Clan, and the path to true power. So run. Flee, and live with hatred. Despise me, loathe me, abhor me. Grow strong. And, when you have eyes like mine..."

Brother...

Why are you crying?

* * * * *


Sasuke awoke with a cry, feeling a burning in his eyes, a burn wholly unrelated to the tears which streamed now freely down his cheeks. He was trembling, he was shaking. Fear filled him.

He did not need to look around to know where he was. His eyes could see it clearly. All too clearly. All too sharply. Yet he did not need sight to know where he was. It was the same place he had been ever since...

No. He could not think about that.

He was in the hospital.

His family was dead, his brother was a traitor. And he himself was locked up in the intensive care ward. He had been for a week, now.

"Poor kid..." he heard one of the orderlies remark, passing down the hall past his room. "After everything else that's happened to him, having to be kept in here for the psych team to poke and prod at... I don't envy him."

"He has to be kept in here," remarked his companion. "For his own safety, if nothing else. Whatever Itachi did to him... It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen."

Sasuke winced. He knew what they were talking about.

The tears he wept were not clear ones. They were not water, salty or otherwise. No, they were red, deep red, and coppery, a metallic stench that clung to the back of his throat and reminded him all too much of the...

His mother and father's bodies were lying on the floor. They were perforated with precisely, barely noticeable sword-wounds. If not for the blood, it wouldn't have been visible at all.

He fought back a retch.

Itachi had done something to him. His eyes were burning. They burned and burned and burned with an unquenchable fire, a fire that refused to be doused no matter what he did. It was hot and painful, and it afflicted his eyes with an unbearable agony. And it left him weak, so weak he could not even move.

He was bedridden, continuously so. Severe chakra exhaustion, the doctors had called it. They said his eyes were siphoning most of the chakra from his body, constantly draining his reserves to the point of near constant emptiness. They had to mainline him liquefied soldier pills just to keep him from dying of chakra exhaustion.

And even as young as he was, he knew that this wasn't good. Whatever Itachi had done to him, it was slowly killing him. The doctors said his body was slowly adapting to the continuous drain on his chakra, that within a couple of months he would be well enough to return to the Academy, but "a couple of months" wasn't good enough for him.

He had to get stronger. He had to avenge his family. He had to kill his brother.

And he had to restore his clan.

This last thought, in particular, stuck in his mind. He knew what the act of "restoring" his clan would most likely entail, and that anyone he made bonds with would be at risk of death, or worse...

But he could not help but fixate on it. In one universe, Sasuke Uchiha would have obsessed with getting stronger.

But in this one, with twin, crimson, six-pointed stars peering out from pools of black, surrounded by white, with black, three-pointed stars within them, circles overlapping circles in a kaleidoscope of crimson and sable, staring back at him from every reflective surface into which he looked...

Sasuke found himself growing more obsessed with restoring his clan, than with avenging it. In his eyes, he saw the sharingan, yet it was not the sharingan. Not like the eyes of his mother or his father. No, it was something else. It was sharingan, yet also not sharingan.

Mangekyou. Wasn't that what Itachi had called it? Yes, mangekyou sharingan. That's what it was. He did not know how, but he already had eyes like Itachi's. Only greater than his, more complex and intricate and permanent.

Even as it drained him and left him bedridden, Sasuke knew, on some borderline instinctive level, that these eyes would take him far. They could give him the power to defeat Itachi, once he learned how to use them.

He already had the eyes he needed to take out his brother. Now, he could focus on restoring his clan. He would train, of course, but he would also do everything in his power to repopulate the Uchiha.

He was sure of this.

But, when did he start?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 EvilFuzzy9 (UN: evilfuzzy9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EvilFuzzy9 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1956317-Sasuke-Uchiha-Hypno-Harem/cid/1674603-Between-the-Uchiha-Massacre-and-the-Mission-in-