*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1962797-The-Inheritance/cid/1694330-Isaac-is-visited-by-a-strange-character-in-one-
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1962797
A young man inherits something useful from a now deceased family member, but at what cost?
This choice: Isaac is visited by a strange character in one of his dreams  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Isaac is visited by a strange character in one ...

    by: Inthecourt
Isaac found himself in a quaint coffee shop, the kind that serve as an excellent backdrop for conversation. Sipping some hot chocolate, he looked around. It was raining outside, or at least he felt it must have been- something told him it was. The coffee shop was empty, except for a bear that was seated at a table near the door. As menacing as bears were, this one seemed completely absorbed in his work, namely the operation of an abacus and the recording of some data in his notebook. The bear spoke Russian to himself, but managed his order in nearly perfect English when the waitress asked him what he wanted.

It took Isaac a few seconds to realize how ridiculous this all was. Of course, he was dreaming.

"Rather uneventful," Isaac mused quietly as he looked about, "Not much of a dream here."

Turning back to his hot chocolate, Isaac was pleasantly surprised to see that there was now someone sitting across from him at his table. A mysterious character by all accounts, the figure was cloaked and had made no noise.

"And who might you be?" asked Isaac, studying the character.

"That doesn't matter," responded the cloaked person, "What matters is that you take the inheritance."

"Inheritance?"

Isaac struggled to recall the message left on his bed.

"That was you?"

The figure nodded and stretched out a feminine hand.

"Take it," it said simply.

"Take what?" Isaac asked, hoping he would awaken soon.

Refusing to respond, the character gripped Isaac's hand. His body was overrun with a chilling sensation, and he was frozen in place.

"It is done," said the character, though Isaac was still inanimate, "I've given you-"

You have the following choices:

1. A blessing, a power you can use to help others

2. A curse, something that plagued me throughout my years

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Inthecourt (UN: inthecourt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Inthecourt has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1962797-The-Inheritance/cid/1694330-Isaac-is-visited-by-a-strange-character-in-one-