*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Note That Started It All
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1962797-The-Inheritance/cid/1694325-The-Note-That-Started-It-All
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1962797
A young man inherits something useful from a now deceased family member, but at what cost?
Chapter #1

The Note That Started It All

    by: Inthecourt
Tired beyond belief, Isaac (Our 18 year old protagonist) swung his dorm room door open and flipped the light switch. His room, while perhaps a bit untidy, was a comforting sight. After having sat through a rather difficult test, he was glad to be back in his dorm for a well deserved rest. Everything seemed just about right- his pants were on the floor where he left them (He really had to do a better job of cleaning his room) and his computer was still switched on, although it was now idle. Sighing, he shut the door behind him and picked his pants up off the floor, then lazily lobbed them into his collapsible hamper.

Turning to his bed (Which was of course, not made) he saw a sheet of paper he didn't recall leaving there. Unassuming as it was, he couldn't help but feel intrigued by this lone page, and so he picked it up, noticing almost immediately that this wasn't his paper.

The handwriting wasn't his, much nicer and more fluid, undoubtedly that of a female. On this paper was a short message, and oddly enough it was addressed to him.

"Dear Isaac, I don't have the time to explain what will happen next, though I'm sure you'll find a way to make use of the inheritance I've left you."

Inheritance?

The paper wasn't even signed, and the message was of the vaguest variety. A bit puzzled but still tired from his test, Isaac crumbled the paper and tossed it into the garbage bin next to his desk. It was nearly overflowing with other crumbled papers, and nearly tumbled off the pile and onto the floor.

Pushing the strange message to the back of his mind, Isaac changed into his sleepwear and brushed his teeth hastily, craving the sweet comfort of his mattress. Not even bothering to switch off the computer that still hummed silently, Isaac slipped into bed and was asleep within minutes, unaware of the changes to come.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Inthecourt (UN: inthecourt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Inthecourt has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1962797-The-Inheritance/cid/1694325-The-Note-That-Started-It-All