*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1970880-The-Invisible-Time-Traveler/cid/1725124-You-are-in-the-1970s
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1970880
What happens when you can turn invisible and control time at the same time?
This choice: You are in the 1970's  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

You are in the 1970's

    by: Gavalar
You leave the vortex and drop back into the world. When you look at your surroundings, you appear to be on the same street that you were before, but it looks different. It looks a bit old fashioned. The road looks different too. An old car from what looked like the 70's drove past. The driver had shoulder length hair and a handlebar mustache. When you examine the people nearby, you come to the conclusion that you must be in the 70's. You walk up to one man and stop him.

"Excuse me, sir. What year is it?" You ask him. He looks at you with a concerned expression.

"My boy, it is the year 1978. Have you been drinking?" He asks.

"Err. No. Thank you for your time." You tell him, and the man continues to walk down the street.

You begin to wander a little bit, just to see what everything looked like back then. You then hear somebody crying. When you look around, you spot where the noise is coming from. Sitting on a wall outside of a house is a little girl crying her eyes out. She looked as if she was maybe around 12 years old. As you get closer, you recognise who she is. You would never forget that face, even at that age. It is your own mother! You decide to approach her and see what is wrong.

"Hey there. Are you okay?" You ask.

"No! This boy... *Sniff*...He doesn't like me!" She tells you, fighting through tears.

"Aw, don't worry. You'll find somebody for you some day." You assure her.

"No I won't! I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life!" She shrieks.

"Trust me. In a few years, you are going to meet the love of your life and you are going to be very happy. You'll even have two kids." You tell her. You weren't sure if you should have done that. Telling your 12 year old mum about the future might cause a butterfly effect. Your mum then wipes away her tears and looks at you.

"How can you possibly know that?" She asks you.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Gavalar (UN: gavalar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gavalar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1970880-The-Invisible-Time-Traveler/cid/1725124-You-are-in-the-1970s