*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/1910013-Someone-from-school
by Wassel
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #1974478
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves either your life, or someone very close.
This choice: Someone from school.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Someone from school.

    by: Wassel
Before he could complete the sentence, Dr. Kerry interrupted. Proposing to his colleague, "I think it might be best if we just show him. Help to make things more real for him."

"Show him?" Saunder's balked. "Are you out of your mind? He's only just woken up..."

Before the two of them could get into an argument again, you quickly decided to take up this offer. Desperately needing to see your friend and make sure he was okay.

"Yes. Show me," you told them. "I want to see." Pleading once more.

After another minute or so of this, having now gotten Kerry on your side, the older doctor, despite his obvious reluctance, finally gave in. Sighing defeatedly to himself as he told you, "Alright. If its really what you want."

It was. Assuring him of that.

Assisting you out of bed then, the two doctors placed your still half unconscious body into a wheelchair and wheeled you through the door. Saunders whispering away to Kerry behind as you headed down a long hospital corridor, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" To which Kerry replied, "Yes, yes. It'll be fine. It'll be good for the boy. Besides, Randall will be waking up soon and he might need some help coming to terms with all this himself."

Overhearing this didn't help you much with the apprehension you were now feeling unfortunately. Being truly scared after all this talk of operations and brain transplants of what your friend would actually look like now, half expecting to find some sort of deformed monster or something instead of the friend you knew... The friend you'd both known and grown up with over the last 13 years.

Coming to a stop then in front of another door, Kerry informed you that Randall was "Just in here." Feeling your sense of dread suddenly multiplying at the thought of who... or what exactly you were going to find in there. Saunders then pushing open the door. There being no going back now.

Wheeling you inside after a brief little pep talk about having an open mind and looking past the body your friend was now in, the two doctors wheeled you inside. Spotting first a bed, sitting there in the middle of the room and a figure lying there asleep. Staring at it in disbelief for a good few moments while you tried to remember how to speak. Getting the shock of your life.

"THAT's Randall?" You finally managed to ask. The figure on the bed giving you no indication whatsoever that it was. Recognizing it immediately though.

Dr. Saunders nodded. Assuring you that it was. Which still made absolutely no sense whatsoever to you.

"But...but that's a girl's body!" you cried. "She's from my school!"

"Yes, son, I'm afraid that's right," he told you. His voice gentle and soothing. "This was the only donor body available at the time. I know it's not ideal but at least, in some sense, they both will continue to live on now."

"We've already spoken to both her family and Randall's," Kerry informed you, as you continued to stare at the familiar figure on the bed. His words going straight over your head. "They all agree. We can't tell anyone about this. For... legal reasons, as well as to avoid press intrusion. No one can ever know what happened here. Which means that Randall will have to assume her identity. At least publicly."

"Dr. Kerry, for pity sake!" Saunders quickly silenced him, with a hushed tone. "Do you really think this is the right time?" Turning to you again and placing an arm round your shoulder. Trying his best to console you. "Randall is going to need his 'old' family and friends help and support to get through this. Now more than ever. Can you be there for him, Tim? I know this will be hard for you, but underneath, he's still just the same Randall. He's still your friend."

You heard the words, but you still weren't quite sure you believed it. Feeling like you were in a fog right now. Not really knowing what to think or do. Needing to snap out it though if you were going to do what the doctor had said and be there for him, just as he'd always been for you. Especially now that he'd become...



**Based on an original chapter add by fantaghiro (UN: fantaghiro at Writing.Com).**

You have the following choices:

1. Laura Card, your attractive history teacher.

2. Brandi Summers, the hottest girl in school.

3. Someone else.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wassel (UN: wassel29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wassel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/1910013-Someone-from-school