*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1767876-Dan-Anderson--18-year-old-high-school-senior
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1983560
A major medical breakthrough allows for people to rent out their life
This choice: Dan Anderson- 18 year old high school senior  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Dan Anderson- 18 year old high school senior

    by: The Head Swapper
Dan was tired of his life. Being the laughingstock of a high school was pretty shitty. He had been beat up by bullies nearly everyday, and was not the smartest kid in the school. He had no plans for college and was pissed that his parents had stopped giving a shit about him. Dan was of a normal build. Not fat, not thin, not tall, not short, and his face was covered by a case of acne as a pair of glasses that did not help his appearance. Dan's only benefit was having some decent brown hair that always seemed to appear nice.

Dan received no support from his family. They were pretty poor and did not give Dan anything that would make him "cool". His clothes were hand downs and that in turn damaged his sex life. Dan was no virgin. He wasn't that big of a loser, but he could count all of his sexual encounters; kissing, hand play, oral, and sex, on one of his hands.

Dan did manage to do one thing well, work. After school everyday for the past four years Dan worked at his local Walmart. Originally the pay sucked, but his hard work and effort at Walmart gave him a decent salary.

It was a day after he turned 18 that Dan received the check that filled his goal of $20,000. 5 years ago most kids would have used this money to buy a car, pay for college, or buy a new gaming system. Dan didn't want any of that. He wanted Newlife. Dan hated his life. He despised it and wanted to move on. Because of this he sought to rent out his life at Newlife, and in turn experience other's lives through Newlife. $20,000 was the membership fee for Newlife and as far as he knew he could remain there until the day he died so long as he fully complied to the lives of others.

Eagerly as soon as he cashed the check and withdrew all of his money in cash, Dan drove to the local Newlife and purchased a membership. Dan had to fill out some paperwork listing the tasks he wanted the individual who took his life for a month to perform. They were all pretty basic and didn't place too many requirements on the individual. Dan then entered a room and was presented with a list of names that he could swap with.

Dan asked the receptionist, "Does the list not include their job, sex, and age?" The receptionist smiled, "That's part of the mystery of our company compared to others. If we let people select a life off of those standards the demand for certain lives would skyrocket and we would have to charge millions of dollars to enter our club rather than $20,000."

Dan nodded in agreement and looked over the list. He didn't want to be a woman so he looked at the male names. He glanced and saw the name Taylor O'Connell on the list. Dan recognized that name. Taylor O'Connell? The movie star! He was famous! He could live the life of a celebrity. Dan selected Taylor O'Connell and was then led into a room where a pod sat alone. Dan was told to enter the pod which he did so promptly.

The Lid to the pod closed and was soon filled with a blue substance. Dan recognized the blue color and knew that the liquid was primarily composed of nanobots. As soon as the mixture reached his head, Dan was knocked out by the nanobots for the procedure.

A few hours later Dan awoke and felt that he was laying down. A man in a Newlife lab jacket stood next to his bed and began to speak, "Hello Dan. The procedure went very well. The nanobots worked perfectly and you should be free to go as soon as we go over your new body's rules." Dan nodded and asked the doctor, "So who am I now?"

"Her name is Taylor O'Connell"

"Her?!" Dan asked in a terrified tone. As he glanced down he saw the body of

You have the following choices:

1. A 40 year old housewife

*Noteb*
2. A 32 year old punk rock singer

3. A 25 year old stripper

*Noteb*
4. A 30 year old escort

5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Head Swapper (UN: riff317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1767876-Dan-Anderson--18-year-old-high-school-senior