*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Character selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1767861-Character-selection
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1983560
A major medical breakthrough allows for people to rent out their life
Chapter #1

Character selection

    by: The Head Swapper
Five short years in the future scientists developed new types of nanotechnology. These incredibly tiny machines allowed for miracles of surgery. Amputees easily had limbs replaced, and surgeries once thought impossible became possible. While brain surgeries remained out of the plausible realm due to the incredible fragility of the human brain, human head transplants became possible, and quite easy to perform.

Because of this tremendous technology, several companies emerged to commercialize the product. One of these companies, Newlife, offered the nanotechnology to the public on the terms that people rented out their life. "Rented out their life?" you might ask. That is exactly what happened. Individuals enter the store and agree to rent out their body. Once doing so that individual may then select a body of a fellow renter and trade heads with them thanks to the nanotechnology.

Besides trading heads, the renters agree to a formal terms of conditions that guarantees that they will live out the life of the person they swapped with. Everyone sees these individuals as they actually are with swapped heads, but despite this they realize that those individuals agreed to the swap.

Newlife provides the opportunity for an individual to experience another life and be someone else, despite being seen for who they truly are.If they do not agree to the terms of condition their security deposit, worth 3/4 of the overall cost of a rental, goes to the individual whose life they are renting.

Who will rent their life?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Head Swapper (UN: riff317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1767861-Character-selection