*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3107098-Trek-at-Twilight
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Leave at night and observe from a distance.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #18

Trek at Twilight

    by: FanOfSmall
A thin red belt of sunlight lined the horizon as the day neared its end, and try as you may and wait as you may, this feeling you had never subsided. What a sight it would be to watch such an immensity move about her business as candidly as the greatest beasts in the wild without concern or awareness of any onlookers they've captivated. But you knew you would be the only thing on her mind tonight. The thought excited you further and without anymore you delay, you departed out under the deep red twilit sky.

Carvings off of berries and nuts laid tucked away in your breast pocket, wrapped in cloth for later. While strapped over your shoulder with twine was your machete, freshly sharpened. You swept your hair back and placed your old wool beanie over your ears. Nights like tonight could get especially cold, and though you doubted you would have to put your journey to the tent on hold for rest, you had pre-plotted a couple of stops you could make that could shelter you from passing hungry insects and biting winds. A deep dell was one of them, located past the halfway point between your home and her camp along the banks of a narrow channel of water that trickled from a larger stream to the east a ways. Secondly, there was the old abandoned burrow of a chipmunk family that had sadly met their end at the maw of some kind of viper according to the tracks its slithering belly left behind. You had your reservations on that spot, as there was no gaurantee that some new beast had made that cavern its home.

Of course, that is why you made sure your machete was prepared. You began your trek across the vast wilderness, eyes set in the dim light within the tent to guide your way once darkness took the night. Along the way, you encountered nothing peculiar. A busy squadron of ants, a toad finding its way to safety before the owls came out, a snail sliming the ground beneath it as it made its way over the pebble dotted dirt. Yes a busy evening for the neighbors as always. It alluded you as to why, but you found yourself growing fond of the creatures you shared this ecosystem with. Most were as passive as old ladies, and even the ones that wanted your company for no other reason than to slurp out your innards and munch on your bones still they occupied a place in your heart. Perhaps it was their role as the denizens of this fantastical world to teach you the laws of survival. Undoubtedly, you had learned much from them. And to their fallen that of which you killed yourself or simply scavenged off their long dead carcass, you owed your life.

These thoughts took you deeper than you expected, numbing your sense of time until you realised just how dark it had really gotten. Looking upwards, the tent had certainly grown nearer and once it dawned upon you how far you had come, hunger and fatigue creeped in and your stomach began to cramp.

"Ah! You senseless idiot." You held a hand over your tightened belly and looked around to get your bearings. From your memory of the route you planned, you figured this area was closest to . . .

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Tough it out

*Noteb*
2. To the dell

*Noteb*
3. Find the burrow

4. The woman exits her tent with a flashlight!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 FanOfSmall (UN: fanofsmall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3107098-Trek-at-Twilight