*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3113576-The-Home-of-the-Lifeguard
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Go in the house  •  Go Back...
Chapter #17

The Home of the Lifeguard

    by: Doom
No, if you stay in the car there'll be no food, and who knows how long it'll be before Claire comes back? You don't want to starve to death!

Instead, you cling tight to the skin of the lifeguard's shoulder as she steps forth, her mighty form trudging on toward a large building. She skips up the steps to the front door, your biggest challenge yet, and you have only just recovered as she enters the apartment building.

You goggle at the giants that she passes, cling tight as she jogs up more flights of stairs, and consider the possibility that maybe the car wasn't the better option!

Still Claire slows at last, nodding her gargantuan head at a little (well, also gargantuan) old lady that must be her neighbour. "Good afternoon, Mrs Gunderson."

"Oh, hello, Claire! Still not bringing any men home with you, I see!"

"Oh, I'm working on it, Mrs Gunderson!" she laughs as she closes the door between them, and you're in her apartment.

It's spacious, of course, and Claire spends but a moment to drop her bag before striding over to her bathroom. You look down as her massive hand turns a tap, and water begins to run into the lake-size bath tub. Seems like she's planning to have a soak before she heads out for the evening with her mysterious friend, so you'd better get a move on.

As you ready your quarter-inch tall self, you wonder what your ultimate goal will be, for working toward that will determine much of your course going forward.

You had intended to stay on the beach, away from human contact, and now that plan has been ruined. Perhaps, while you're so close to the woman's ear, you should break your silence and ask her for some help?

Of course, since she works at the beach herself, this lifeguard could help you without ever being aware of your presence. You could merely stick around her house and catch a ride with her when she goes back to work to return to the beach.

Why wait that long? You could ready yourself to go with her once she's done with her bath, and hang around with her on her night out! Might be fun!

Then again, this has been a lot of effort that you've gone through already. Maybe you're best leaving her to go off, and luxuriate in being alone in her apartment, with an aim toward living here full-time. Different from the beach, but still a challenging survival situation.

But for a real challenge... Why not try to get out of her apartment, explore the wider world unsupervised? There's the real risk, the danger, the excitement!
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3113576-The-Home-of-the-Lifeguard