*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Immediate Test
  2. Uninvited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1888223-Immediate-Test
by Doom
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2013234
An amazing, colossal interactive. Trouble grows when a size-changing device is stolen.
This choice: You are anxious and test it here.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Immediate Test

    by: Amazing Colossal Archive
author: UnderHerToes

With the transposer firmly in hand, you point it at different objects in the room but don't pull the trigger. You glance over the device's parts once again and twist the knob towards what you expect is growth then back towards shrink. An uncertain apprehension stirs inside as you struggle to decide how to manage this first test. The brief clues you've picked up on left you without proof of the matter transposer's actual strength.

You leave the dial slightly towards the reduction setting and aim at a scale on an adjacent table. As you pull the trigger, a slight hum vibrates through the device before a wave of light ripples through the air, engulfing the instrument on contact. The scale is aglow, swallowed by light as a radiant silhouette against the ordinary tabletop, then instant as a switch, the light flicks off and the scale is left half its former size.

"Incredible," the only word your awed breath can whisper as you approach the miniature scale. You reach out to it with tingling fingers and eyes wide with excited anticipation. You press the tiny button to activate it, and the lights come on with a cheerful beep. "And it still works!" An immeasurable smile crosses your cheeks, and you grip the matter transposer confidently. "Time to test this for real."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Amazing Colossal Archive (UN: amazingarchive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1888223-Immediate-Test