*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2053421-The-Magical-World/cid/2038018-Wenceslaus-II-King-of-Poland-and-Bohemia-and-p
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2053421
The History of Harry Potter's World in a new way
This choice: Wenceslaus II, King of Poland and Bohemia and perhaps Hungary  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Wenceslaus II, King of Poland and Bohemia and p...

    by: Lord Robbie - We got this!
July 9, 1340

Wenceslaus of Bohemia was 69 years old. So much war had reigned down upon him. He had conquered Hungary, Poland, Austria, Serbia, Croatia, Pomerania, Masovia and Lithuania. Through loyal lieutenants, diplomacy and treachery; the man they called the Silver King was on the verge of victory. The city of Aachen stood before him. He was so close to the day he had waited for all his life. He had reformed the Teutonic Knights into a new force, the Premyslid Knights. He had instituted new laws, granting membership to the Premyslid Knights to all monks, illegitimate sons and youngest sons of men inside his Empire. Wenceslaus had enjoyed 10 coronations to formalise his rule in each conquered land. He wore an Imperial crown, that was recognised neither by Rome nor Constantinople. But once Emperor Louis fell, Wenceslaus would call the Imperial Diet and have himself installed Emperor. He would reform matters by adding electors from the lands he conquered, both temporal and spiritual. From then onwards, he would be the true Emperor. The rebels, who had defied him, were now part of Louis's army. Louis alone, stood him and conquest. But Louis wasn't fighting alone. His great enemy Philip of France was fighting with him, the Dauphin John and Lord Kent of England.

Wenceslaus was pleased to see so many enemies gathered here. His army was one of the largest assembled on the continent for some time. Fourty Five Thousand men, comprised of 5,000 men from 9 lands, confronting the Imperial‐French‐Anglo Alliance of only Twelve Thousand. Wenceslaus had brought siege weapons with him, if necessary. Aachen would soon fall. The thought pleased the elderly man as he called his men to war. Leading the army was his heir, Premsyl Otakar, Prince of Pest. Once Aachen fell, Premsyl Otakar would be made King of Hungary. Premsyl was the greatest of his sons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenceslaus...). He had 3 other sons, Wenceslaus the Worthless, John the Brave and Boleslau the Brilliant. John and Boleslau were also commanders in his army. John led the Polish division, while Boleslau led the Masovian. Prince Wenceslaus had been too scared to come. He would rather try to usurp the founding university rights of John who built the universities of Prague, Krakow, Pest, Warsaw and Pozsony. Premsyl smiled to his father "Victory awaits, my Emperor!" "Then make it so, young King!" replied Wenceslaus. It had always been a private joke between them as Wenceslaus fathered him before his 21st birthday (http://www.writing.com/main/interact/ite...).

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Battle

*Noteb*
2. Aftermath: First Day

*Noteb*
3. Aftermath: Victory

4. Aftermath: Loss of his sons

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lord Robbie - We got this! (UN: rrobbie37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Robbie - We got this! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2053421-The-Magical-World/cid/2038018-Wenceslaus-II-King-of-Poland-and-Bohemia-and-p