*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2083090-d-Size-Portals-Edition/cid/2142633-Continue-with-this-story
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #2083090
What would you do with a machine that creates size-changing portals?
This choice: Continue with this story  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Continue with this story

    by: Unexpect
Mark turns off the TV and thinks about how he's going to use the device.

He considers the dangers of such a device and fears what might happen to him if he uses it alone.

He could show it to one of his friends or relatives, but they would also figure out that he's going to possibly become rich with this device. He needs to show it to someone he trusts.

His mother Angela works an office job 5 days a week. Since today is her day off, she can probably be found exercising or doing housework. She's a bit over protective of Mark and might not want him experimenting with a potentially dangerous device. Years ago she took his receiver away from him when she found out about it, which forced him to have to study them in secret. He's not sure how she'll react to hearing that he's been working with a portal device behind her back.

There's also his little sister Emmy who attends middle school. He knows she'd be happy for him. She can be a bit mischievous sometimes but she loves her big brother. She's having a sleepover with her friends later, and they're not as kind as his sister. He should be cautious if her friends are nearby. Even if he's with Emmy, he doesn't trust her not to give in to peer pressure.

His older sister Jessica attends college nearby and enjoys frequenting dorm & beach parties. She's currently sunbathing in the back yard. She's a bit of a lesbian and frequently has flings with different college girls. She bullies and insults mark every chance she gets, treating him like dirt. Mark isn't sure if she just hates him or all men. Mark would love to wipe away her high-and-mighty attitude by showing her what he's accomplished. Maybe he'd finally earn some respect from her.

His Girlfriend Megan takes good care of him, always bringing her home-baked goods and cleaning his room for him. She also frequently brings him lunch at school. She's very gentle and he's literally never seen her harm a fly nor an insect. Should mark want to test the device on himself, he feels most comfortable with her and trusts her more than anyone else. She can be a little bit ditsy sometimes, so Mark isn't entirely sure if she'd be the best choice. She lives in the neighborhood and visits every day.

He could also invite his classmate Nikki who has a bit of an obsession with portals. Her knowledge would exceed all of his other friends & family, which could prove useful with experiments. Nikki can usually be found playing high school volleyball or streaming. She's a frequent portal streamer and has her own receiver for receiving tiny viewers into her room. He's not sure exactly what she does with them though, since she always stops the stream as soon as someone comes through. Mark knows she'd be ecstatic to help test out his modified device.


Mark takes a moment to consider keeping the device a secret. He would have complete power over people and they wouldn't know it. Maybe he could use strangers as experiments instead of himself? Or maybe he's willing to take a risk and use it on himself without telling anyone.


Mark turns to his computer screen. He could try the device to the internet to access receivers listed on social network profiles, cam-shows, or casual streams. His modded device is easily able to bypass password-protected receivers, and it can even power them on remotely. He wonders what other interesting effect his device will have on internet travel.


What does mark do?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Unexpect (UN: unexpect at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unexpect has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2083090-d-Size-Portals-Edition/cid/2142633-Continue-with-this-story