*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2153624-The-Pirates-Fate-The-Expanded-Universe
by Drakin
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2153624
Based on the visual novel, explore, grow, and transform in a world of magic and adventure.

Based on the visual novel, explore, grow, and transform in a world of magic and adventure.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Before anything else, be aware this Interactive is based on the visual novel 'The Pirates Fate' available on Steam. So if this at all piques your interest...

GO BUY IT!

Seriously, it's only $20 and it's worth it if you're into this sort of thing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/553480/The_Pirates_Fate/

Ye be warned, there be (slight) spoilers ahead.

Here's the plot.

In a world of wooden ships, pirates, enchanted lands, and magic we follow the character Mila. A young feline spice merchant who had the happenstance to buy a necklace with a gold coin in it before setting sail. As the story opens Mila's ship has been sunk in a storm and she awakens, rescued by a group calling themselves The Dread Pirates.

They are led by captain Darious. A tall, strong, brown furred canine with a short mat of redish-pink hair pulled back into a short tuft. Darious goal is a noble one. Despite the name of the crew, he repeatedly states it's just a name, and they're more akin to treasure hunters. In fact they are on what other might perceive as a 'noble quest' were their situation different. (See below)

His first mate is Morgana, a tan hog-nosed bat with long, curly black hair. She's dangerous and vicious, but that's something of a facade. She was born in jail (a subject she's very touchy about), ran with a group of pirates that were extremely nasty and did things she regretted, and then when Darious found her abandoned by the pirate he called his rival, he took her in and showed her kindness. She's still very rough, but that shell has begun to crack given the right encouragement.

The last member of the pirates at start is Leeko. A short corgi who, like Mila, also used to be a merchant. However he admits he wasn't very good at it and somehow wound up with Darius and his crew. Just because he's very good with maps they made him a cartographer. He's timid and shy, but open and honest and really speaks as the rational counterpoint to Morgana's brash blustering.

As stated, Darius claims their goal is a noble one. Long ago a powerful wizard sought to rid the wold of the ills and troubles that filled it. He summoned all his magic and channeled it into golden coins intending to use them to reshape the world. However he died before the final step in the process and the coins were lost, scared across the many lands.

Mila has found one of them. The inscription reads 'Become what you seek'.

All the coins have powers to reshape the ones who touch them. But for good or ill remains to be seen.

----------

Ok, now on to the part I'm sure you'll all like to hear.

Da Rules

Lets' start with the broad strokes ground rules.

1.) All chapters must be of decent length. No 'OMG they become a goat' or something stupid. Make an effort, write a couple paragraphs, and make something substantial. It's not hard. The only (and I mean THE ONLY) exception is adding more choices to an event. And even then you should fill out one of those chapter choices. So if someone writes a chapter and leaves a choice that's open and you post a chapter that's just more choices, pick one of those choices and write a chapter about it. Don't just expect others to do the work for you.

2.) The deaths of characters can happen (it's a cruel world after all) but find a middle ground between 'they died off-screen' and 'their guts and organs are blown everywhere'. Keep deaths tasteful, minimal, and most of all, meaningful. Don't just kill someone because you don't like them. If their death will not affect anyone then there was no point to it.

3.) Keep self-inserts to a minimum. If you want to have your OC be a character the crew talks to for information, that's fine. I wouldn't object even to characters having a 'one night stand' or something. But bear in mind that any character added is fair game for other writers to use in the story how they see fit.

4.) Watch the characters closely and keep them in character. Don't just suddenly have a brave character turn cowardly without reason and don't start an impromptu love interest where there was no buildup before. If you've been reading from the start you'll know the changes they've gone through.

5.) Romantic pairings exist, and I will not hinder any option to 'hook up' with whatever pairing you like, but don't just write that two characters 'banged together' and leave it at that (see rule one). Give it some spirit, some romance, some fun. And remember there may be consequences with other characters for doing so. Trust me, the more effort put into it the more people will appreciate your writing.

Ok, now that's the general rules out of the way, on to the Gameplay rules.

I'm not exactly sure how many gold coins there are, but I know it's a lot. I'll start with the 'known' abilities of the coins' and then move into the ones specific for this Interactive.

Known.

1.) The coins change someone based on either inner desires or external forces. Such as ones life being threatened. They can't be 'willed' to change someone. It has to be life or death, or a fundamental mental shift of ones mind that that is reflected in their body.

2.) Once someone changes they cannot be changed back. Not without rewriting history (and yes there is a coin for that but it's highly unpredictable). Whatever their change it is fundamental to their being. Even if they can't accept it right away, in the long run it may bring them greater happiness.

3.) Although in the game one of the crew is only effected just once by a coin found, presumably they can be used multiple times. Mila's coin activates at least twice in the game or more.

4.) Coins can be used to 'enchant' other objects with their power, thus extending their effects. Such as a coin for weight gain used to make a series of pies.

Interactive Specific.

1.) Coins can be used at most three times on each character directly and infinitely on enchanting objects. However the object must be in some way related to the coins power for it to work.

2.) There are a lot of coins in the game, though only a dozen or so seem to have impactful story moments. A chest is seen in one plot-line containing nearly all the coins collected and at a guess it's a few hundred to a couple thousand. However since that would be too many to have an adventure for EVERY coin, use your best judgement when enough are found and they go to the final challenge. Just don't have them go in a story-line where they found two or three, wait until they have at least a dozen or so.

3.) While the coins can BE any effect, each time a coin is found the chapter title must include 'Coin Found' and the chapter ends with a list of coins found. Example:

Coins Found
==========
-Coin of Weight Gain
-Coin of Macro growth
-Coin of Transformation
-Coin of Beauty
etc.

Once all the coins are found the final trial begins.


That's everything I can think of for now. Again, I recommend buying the game first, show some love to the creators who made this world. For now though, enjoy.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated XGC. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2153624-The-Pirates-Fate-The-Expanded-Universe