*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2170031-Trait-Theft-Vol-I/cid/2553157-Literal-Trait-Thieves
Rated: E · Interactive · Supernatural · #2170031
Someone is given the power to steal or swap traits from whomever they want to.
This choice: Literal Trait Thieves  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Literal Trait Thieves

    by: Saracen1187
"What the fuck we even doing here?" Connor, 22, asked his accomplices as they surveyed a socialitie's gala from their hidden location in a potting shed on the grounds of a mansion. "We should have fled somewhere else."

"Relax, we lay low here for a while with our score, then sneak out of here when all these rich bastards have gone home." His fellow criminal Nicholas, 25, replied, as he rumaged through the bag of jewels they had made off with from their latest armed robbery. The police had lost their trail some distance back, much to the relief of Connor, Nicholas and their other accomplice Jared, 28.

"I can literally smell the money on these fuckers." Jared grumbled, as he sat down chewing on a piece of straw from a nearby crate.

"We've got enough jewels here to last us a lifetime, hundreds of millions of dollars." Nicholas grinned, as he pulled a particular, green looking jewel out of the bag and inspected it closely. It seemed to hypnotize him as he stared deep into the thing, heating up in his hand, then all of a sudden it was as though he was hurling through some sort of wormhole at high speed, bombarded with glowing particles. There was a crescendo of noise that then suddenly ended and Nicholas was snapped out of his trance...as some words echoed through his head. The words told him that he now had the ability to steal people's traits, or just to exchange them between others without them knowing. Nicholas blinked and glanced between his two friends, who hadn't noticed anything. "Did you two idiots see anything just now?" he asked them.

"No, why?" Jared asked, frowning at his fellow criminal. Jared was an aggressive man, and had the scars to prove it, including a knife wound on his left cheek. He was 6'0" tall, had a dark buzzcut and was quite well built. He had been in prison before for armed robbery and assault. In comparison, Nicholas was 5'10", athletic in build, more handsome than Jared and had a goatee. He had served time in prison for Grand Theft Auto, vehicular assault and drug dealing. And lastly Connor was the youngest of the three criminals, an egotistical young man, also violent if he lost his temper. He had a long record of assault, GTA, drug dealing, firearms offences, and now he and his two 'friends' had pulled off a remarkable armed robbery, one of a string of hold ups.

"No reason," Nicholas mumbled, before throwing the green jewel to Jared. "Here, stare into that and tell me what happens." he said.

The same thing happened to Jared, and he was supposedly granted the same powers as Nicholas. And then Connor was thrown the jewel, and the process repeated. In just a few minutes, the three had gone from jewel thieves... to possibel trait thieves..

And by a remarkable stroke of luck, they had a gala full of rich socialities and serving staff to use as their guinea pigs.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. They exit the potting shed.

2. Taking it slow.

*Noteb*
3. Something else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Saracen1187 (UN: saracen1187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Saracen1187 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2170031-Trait-Theft-Vol-I/cid/2553157-Literal-Trait-Thieves