*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. July, the fun-loving party girl!
  2. Who was spared...?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2201681-A-shrunken-world/cid/2724794-July-the-fun-loving-party-girl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gaturm
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2201681
On that fateful day, everybody shrinks... except...!
This choice: July, the fun-loving party girl!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

July, the fun-loving party girl!

    by: Gaturm
July's head was still pounding. Maybe she overdid it last night - or rather, the last few days.She moaned, while she brushed her teeth. The afternoon sun was just way to bright for her right now...

It was summer, and college was on break. Finally! Though July loved reading, she rarely found time for it during vacation. Because that was the time to live out her wild side! July always knew about the biggest events in the city and almost every evening, she went to a bar, a club, or a festival, partying until the sun was rising. The days she spent sleeping off her stupor, before she readied herself again for the next party. Her roommates, Jessie and Sandra couldn't grasp, how much energy she had. Sometimes it seemed, like all she needed to survive was a wild dance, an even wilder drink, and, of course, a date for the night. Though her roommates were by no means prudes, they sometimes got annoyed at July's libido - particularly when it got in the way of her other plans. Though it didn't happen as often anymore, there were still occasions where July would abandon plans she made to visit one of her 'boys', as Jessie called them.

Slowly, and after a few glasses of water, July's hangover abated somewhat. To greet the summer sun, she had put on her usual outfit: A thin, black crop top, only secured by very thin strings. Her midriff was free - she wanted to feel the sun on as much of her skin as possible. For the same reason, she had decided on denim shorts, which didn't cover much of her legs, and light, brown sandals.
She sat down in the small kitchen of her apartment, eating a light breakfast. College would soon be picking up again, so she thought about how she wanted to spend her remaining free time. As far as she knew, there wasn't a party worth going to, today. But there were other things she could do.

The first thing on her mind was, of course, to get someone to keep her company. She rarely stayed in contact with her dates. She didn't have to. With her figure, it was easy enough to find someone willing to give her a good time. There was a bar she had been met with lots of success, recently - maybe she could find someone there. Plus, the bartender was cute as well.

Another thing popped into her mind. She had barely noticed the lack of noise when she woke up, but now the odd quietness piqued her curiosity. Not just, that the usually busy city seemed all but deserted - her roommates as well were uncharacteristically silent. Normally, Sandra would blast her music at this time, while Jessie would try to outmatch her in the volume departemnt with the Television. Maybe she could see, what was up with them?

She could also just spend the day at the mall. She rarely went on a shopping spree, but she didn't have anything planned for today - and it had been a while since she ate something more substantial than noodles. Her cooking skills weren't exactly refined, which made her all the more eager to hit up the food court and shop around for anything that might catch her eye.

Though, as much as she would like to do something fun today, she couldn't ignore college forever. In just a week she would have to attend lectures again. She didn't hate her studies - but she wasn't looking forward to her free time going up in smoke as she'd get smothered by assignments. Maybe, she should start preparing. If she put the work in now, the first few weeks would be so much easier.

While July thought over her options, she was completely unaware of how much the world had changed in the last few hours. No matter how she chose to spend the day - it was only a matter of time until she discovered the shrunken inhabitants of this new world. The only question now, was where would discover them - and how she would react.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Gaturm (UN: garth11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaturm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2201681-A-shrunken-world/cid/2724794-July-the-fun-loving-party-girl