*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202381-A-Squishy-Boy-rebooted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Derpus
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2202381
A boy with an unusual condition and struggles to make it through the day. Will he survive?

A boy with an unusual condition and struggles to make it through the day. Will he survive?

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
You are nine year-old Jack Harper. You were born with a squishy, goo-like body. While this makes you practically immortal, it also means you are extremely weak, constantly getting squashed and flattened by almost everything. You seem to be able to take an awful lot of punishment. Getting smooshed doesn't really hurt you. In fact, you could be melted into a puddle and still be fine. You still hate it nonetheless. You're kind of a geek, often studying on the internet and playing video games. You seem to have stopped aging.
Although you are unusual compared to other people, you're just one of many abnormalities in this world.

Andrew Morrison - 8. Your annoying best friend and next door neighbor. While he’s mostly really nice to you, he’s been known to occasionally mess with you (though he usually knows when to stop). You often play together, catching bugs or with your toys or video games. Even though you can trust him to look out for you, his other friends aren’t always as nice. He sometimes pressures you into doing things you aren’t comfortable with.
He's sometimes a bit impulsive, often failing to consider the consequences before he acts.
Andrew is often the target of Ian, who's bite causes him to become just as squishy as Jack. He doesn't have nearly as much experience in this state, and has trouble reforming if he gets squished. This is especially troublesome when he's around his mom or his little brother.


Trish Harper - 41. Your mother. You have a weird relationship with her. Even though you love your mother and view her presence as a sanctuary from the misfortunes that could befall you, you still finds her overprotective nature and motherly ignorance when it comes to games and stuff more than a little annoying. Even so, you tend to freak out if you aren’t able to find her, despite how much she embarrasses you. She’s a bit shorter than average women, and she’s quite curvy, and she has blonde hair, green eyes, and the same dark skin color as you (though it doesn’t have the same pink tint to it), and sometimes smells of butterscotch.
Unknown to you, Trish has the same condition as yourself and is just as vulnerable as you are when she isn’t taking her medication.

Zelina Harper - 6. Your little sister. Your mother adopted her several months ago, and to say you don't get along with her is an understatement. You haven't been able to stand a minute of her living with you, but you try your best to be nice to her since it upsets your mother when you leave her out. Since she's younger, she often gets her way when deciding on movies to watch or restaurants to visit, which wouldn't bother you if she didn't rub it in your face. It doesn't help that she points out the fact that she's taller than you, and has no problem squashing her big brother under her big booty.
Although your mother has been trying to break her of her habits, she's quite masochistic, often forcing herself down people's throats, though most of the kids in your school and your family think she's too creepy, preferring to munch on you instead. She has the same condition that you and your mother have.

Ian- Zelina's precious, spoiled pet kitty is an enigma, and a dangerous living weapon. He loves getting pampered by his "mama" and dressed in cute outfits, and rarely ever leaves her side. What makes this kitty different than most is not only because of his malleable body, but his ability to turn others into squishies by biting into them! Once his saliva enters the bloodstream, whoever is bitten remains vulnerable for a good amount of time.
He has a habit of getting into your room and knocking your displays over.

Katrina "Kat" Harper - 13. Your tomboyish older cousin who lives in a rural area on the other side of town. She’s been staying the weekend with you and your mom and you haven’t been able to stand one second. She finds your condition hilarious and has been bullying you for as long as you can remember. You’ve spent a lot of her visits squished under her butt or being involved in some kind of awful prank.

Kristopher "Kris" Harper - 15. Your feminine cousin and Kat's older brother. Kris is almost the polar opposite of his sister. While she's always been more boyish and mean, Kris has always been somewhat nice to you and is more girlish in appearance. Although he's more kind than Kat, that doesn't mean you're exactly safe around him, as he does mess with you from time to time. He's always had a fascination with science and chemistry and is usually holed up in his room or the basement, so he rarely if ever visits, though you usually see him at school.
He's aware that your mother shares your condition, but he keeps that info to himself.

Vivian Harper - 35. Your absent-minded aunt. Even though she's your mom's younger sister, she's always been closer with Barbara for as long as you remember. She's somehow even less mature than both of your cousins; happily enjoying the privileges that come with adulthood, while sometimes flat out refusing to take on the responsibilities that come with it. The only reason Kat and Kris have lived long and healthy enough as they have is because your mother and grandmother have been helping raise them. She still loves her children, she just isn't mature or smart enough to properly care for them.
This unfortunately extends to you, as you rarely come back from one of your visits over there without getting smushed by her.


Barbara Morrison - 40. Andrew's mother and an old friend of your mother. You’ve always had a secret crush on her since forever, even if she does squish you every now and then, and only occasionally apologizes. She’s always had a gift for avoiding everyone’s anger and disdain, and even you can’t bring yourself to get mad at her, no matter what she does to you. Even your mother goes along with her without hesitating. She has a much more athletic build than your mother and is about a head taller than she is.
Barbara’s gift for manipulating everyone’s emotions is due to a secret part of her that she’s been hiding from everyone...


Stephan "Stevie" Morrison - 4. Andrew's bratty little brother. Where most people would see a cute, pudgy, innocent little boy, you see sadistic monster. It’s not that Stevie is mean. He’s actually really nice (unless someone tells him no). He just doesn’t see you as a person: just a squishy, yummy toy that can talk. The worst part is he’s smart for his age. He knows just how to hide you so he can keep from getting into trouble.


Ashley "Ash" Parker - 15. Andrew's older half brother, and Barbara's son from a previous marriage. You had a pretty horrible encounter with him one Halloween, but he made things right soon after. He seems pretty cool to you, but you still aren't sure of what to think of him, though you feel like you might have something of a crush. He often babysits his brothers and normally tags along with them and Barbara when they go out. He's moderately popular at school, and he's friends with your cousin, Kris.


Marilynn “Mary” Evans - 8. A kind little girl who is destined to become your soulmate. Although she doesn't share the same interests as you, her cute appearance and kind nature make you look past that, convincing you to come around to try out things she might like. In the future, you will both mean the world to each other and eventually start a family.
There are multiple ways to meet her, and fate has a way of bringing you two together... even if it is through unfortunate circumstances.


Kentwolf created a followup story following up on these characters five years later here: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1975029-A-Squishy-Teen

If you like this story, you should check out their stuff.

=============================================

No one sentence chapters. If it's a bridge chapter, that's understandable, but try to limit them.

Jack can't die, so don't do it.

Use proper spelling and punctuation. Make it is readable. (apparently this part needs attention)

Just about anything else goes. (read below)

No copying other people's work. I can't in good faith have plagiarized work here.

There are several short stories I wrote about Jack. When adding chapters, you can choose to incorporate them into the interactive if you'd like, unless they're "Bad End" stories.

If a there's a sudden development that doesn't make any damn sense, or if a chapter is nothing but a sentence long, I will delete the chapter without hesitation. HOWEVER if it's clear that some effort is put into it, I'll simply email you before going over and fixing grammatical or continuity errors.

Gas/Toilet stuff is alright so long as it's not too heavy.

[edit 11/16/19]: There might be instances in which other characters are turned squishy, in which case you're free to switch the POV to them for a bit. When you do so, be sure to label the chapter with the squishie we're following.
[edit 11/26/19]: Anyone that happens to get bitten by Ian will temporarily become a squishie like Jack or Trish and have the same properties. This could last anywhere between one day and one week. Whoever is bitten should be extra careful: If they don't reform to their original state whenever the effects of the bite wear off, they will remain in whatever form they are currently in for good. Should they get flattened, their new default form will simply be a soft fleshy pancake (thought they'll be able to stretch as long as their original form was tall). If they are eaten, then they will remain as a sentient layer of fat for the rest of their existence. If they are melted, then they will remain a liquid.

================================================================
I'm open to suggestions for chapters if you aren't confident in your own writing ability.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202381-A-Squishy-Boy-rebooted