*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Open Listing
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2206516-Goddess-Grove/cid/3125301-Open-Listing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2206516
Having thought to found a new luxury apartment, you soon realize larger schemes are afoot.
Chapter #1

Open Listing

    by: The1SwagKing
It had been a good few years since you looked at moving, satisfied with the small one bedroom place you had. Sure, it wasn't in the best part of town, and didn't have that much space, but it got the job done. Besides, anything more expensive and you'd have to rework your entire budget. It just wasn't worth it.

That was, until you pulled up a strange advertisement on the computer, looking far too good to be true.

Come and Visit Goddess Grove

Founded in 2005, Goddess Grove was created to be a luxury community, run entirely by women. Complete with indoor and outdoor pools, an upscale spa, recreation rooms, and even an expansive gym, we promise a luxury experience like none other. As if this wasn't enough to entice you to check us out, prices are better than you'll find anywhere else. We're offering space from as low as $100 a month. Come visit us today, and see if you qualify!


Instantly, you knew it had to be too good to be true. But then again, there was a part of your brain beckoning out to you. What if it was true? What if this luxury apartment was ran as a nonprofit? What if you could truly live for such a low price? You couldn't help yourself from getting the address from their linked website, and plugging it into your phone. Sure enough, the place was real, and was even in a rather upscale part of town. Not wanting to miss the chance on such a unique opportunity, you left the dump you currently called a complex, and got in your car.

As the buildings around you transitioned from run down to up-kept, your brain raced with the excitement of this being legitimate. What if this was the break you needed? You tried to brace for the possibility of disappointment, but your head kept pulling you back to optimism. When you finally arrived at the location, you looked at the magnificent looking building.

Right in the heart of downtown, it had to be at least twenty stories tall. It illuminated a classic feel, with the architecture resembling closer to what you would've seen in a building from the 1930's rather than one constructed in the early 2000's. As you parked on the street, you walked to the doors, opening them up to see a grand lobby, receptionist and all.

Giddily, you approached the woman behind the desk, wearing a slim fitting dress as she tilted her glasses upwards, greeting you with a smile.

"Hello! I'm Macy, what may I do for you today?" She asked.

"Hey, I read some ad online, and was wondering if it was for real." You started up, seeing a twinkle appear in the receptionist's eyes as she instantly recognized what you were talking about. "Said something about rent only being $100 a month?"

"Of course! You have to qualify first however. But looking at you, I doubt that should be any problem at all!" She said flirtatiously, making you blush for a moment before she picked up the phone and started dialing a number. "Ms. Porter, we have someone here regarding the ad. Yes, I think he'll be a good fit." She said, before hanging up.

As you were about to open your mouth to inquire about what she meant by good fit, Macy turned around to face a door in the corner of the lobby, which soon opened up. A stunningly attractive yet authoritative looking woman stepped out, high heels complimenting her well fitted pantsuit. She seemed to be in her forties, with dark red hair tied in a bun behind her head. She too bore glasses, adjusting them as she made her way to the desk.

"So you must be our prospective resident, correct?" She questioned in a thick, proper sounding British accent.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." You said, reaching your hand out for a shake.

"Follow me, we'll have to get to know you a bit first." She said, accepting the handshake with a firm grip. She led you into the room she'd previously emerged from, a well kept office, before sitting behind a desk, motioning for you to do the same in the chair facing her. "So, what makes you want to live in Goddess Grove?" She said, seeming to check you out, moving her head up and down.

"Oh, well I've gotta say the pricing is pretty nice. Can't find too many places out there willing to stoop so low on cost." You replied, looking straight ahead at the woman who would potentially be your landlord.

"Alright, you're approved." She said, reaching below her desk to pull out some paperwork.

"Wait, just like that?" You questioned, surprised at it being that easy.

"Of course. I think you'll be a great fit here. As we said in the ad, it's a hundred dollars a month for rent, due on the first day. Please sign here." She said, handing you the paperwork and a pen, pointing to the part where you needed to sign. Without hesitation, you put your name on the dotted lines, thrilled to have been accepted so easily.

"Sweet! So when can I move in?" You asked, eager to get living in this place as soon as possible.

"Hold still, and we'll get you situated to your new accommodations in a moment." She said, opening a door to her desk and pulling out a strange looking remote. Aiming it at you, she held a button down, and you didn't know how to react as a beam emerged, hitting you square in the chest.

As energy pulsed through your body, you were terrified, watching the world around you grow further and further. The chair you sat went from a seat, to an endless landscape as the fabric looked more like a carpet. By the time it ended, you were sitting there, three inches tall, and looking up at Miss Porter reaching down to grab you.

She brought you to her face, a grin big enough to fit you inside covering her face. She set you on the desk in front of her, before sitting back down in her seat.

"So, let's get down to business. That form you just signed, it was a waiver. From now on, the residents and staff of Goddess Grove have all rights to do whatever they wish with you. This includes keeping you, eating you, squashing you, freezing you, cooking you, or any other sick twisted thing they may have in mind for a little cutie such as yourself. Death won't save you either. As soon as your heart stops ticking, we'll upload your consciousness to a new clone." She started up, sending chills down your spine.

"You will still have to pay rent however, and refusing to do so will end up in a rather unfortunate fate, trust me. In addition to changing the size of things, we can also turn people into objects and animals. Take the chair you'd been reclining on before for example. Or the roasted pig I'm having for dinner tonight." She laughed, before picking you up once again. "You're free to roam the apartments now, but I'd be careful. There's plenty of girls who look out for newbies such as yourself." She walked you to the exit of the room, placing you on the tile outside the door in the main lobby. "Oh! And if you try to leave the premises, we'll know. That's an automatic eviction." She laughed, before shutting the door, stranding you in the middle of the lobby.

Facing the now much larger world, your options were limited. There was a wide variety of things to do, and people to see in the building, but you had no clue where to start. Picking yourself up by your own bootstraps, you decided the first course of action would be to
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The1SwagKing (UN: the1swagking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The1SwagKing has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2206516-Goddess-Grove/cid/3125301-Open-Listing